Chapter Eight

"How's he doin'?" Jim asked, then Alice and Grace come to cockpit.

"Not good, sir." Gibbs answers.

"I don't suppose you know how to fly." Jim said to Angel.

"No, Dad." Angel replied.

"Come along, Angel. I'll need a co-pilot."

"Yes, Daddy." Angel said as they came to the controls room.

Then, all of them include the Marshall family confused.

"How long since you and your daughter flown, sir?" Jeremy asked.

"I've learned since twenty-five years, and my daughter learn by me in just 7 years old."

"Little planes."

"Never jets."

"Nothin' like this. Is there anybody there?" Jim asked all of the White House.

"Yes, we're here, sir." He answers from the White House.

"All right. You got somebody that can help me fly this thing?"

"Sir, this is Colonel Jackson."

"Bob." Angel said.

"We need to get you out of hostile territory." Bob said.

"Good idea, Bob," he replied.

"I need for you to look above the central video screen. There's a series of LED numbers. Now, one of them should read 110."

"Got it," he answered to Bob, tapping on the LED number that read 110.

"That's your course heading. Now, just below, there's a knob surrounded by hash marks. I want you to turn that knob counterclockwise to 290."

"We're turnin', Bob," Angel agreed as the plane turned all the way back to the left.

"This course will take you out of Kazakhstan," Angel heard Bob say on the headset.

"You're okay, baby." Jim said to Alice and Grace.

In the White House....

"Now, we can't land this plane on autopilot, so we're gonna need to go over a few things. First, let's plan -"

"Where's the nearest safe landing site?" Kathryn asks to the generals.

"Incirlik, Turkey." He answers.

Then Kathryn looked on the big screen.

"General Northwood."

"Madam?"

"What's that?" Kathryn asked the General.

"Madam Vice-President, that red dot represents MiGs." The general answers.

"On a course to intercept Air Force One."

"Christ, they took off from Aktyubinsk. The base commander there is loyal to Radek." The general said, making Vice-President shocked.

"General, send our fighters into Kazakhstan. Order them to use any and all means to protect the president." Kathryn, order to him, and he did, then she walked to the phone.

"When you're on the final approach, I want you to keep the throttles mid-range." Bob said.

"Right." Jim answers before Kathryn grabs the phone.

"Mr. President, can you hear me?"

"Yes, Kathryn."

"We're tracking six MiGs closing on your position. I'm sending in our F-15s to protect you." Kathryn said, making Jim and Angel in surprised.