Chapter Six

Once the door opened, the hostages are now surprised that their commander-in-chief is still on board with a gun and a daughter on his side.

"Jim! Angel!" exclaimed his secretary that Angel knows as Jeremy. "What are you doing here?"

"We never left," he replied as he grabbed the watchman's gun and let his agents pin him down.

He called Gibbs, one of the agents, to grab his gun and its magazine. "Watch the door," he commanded.

Turning to Jeremy, he asked, "Where's my family?"

"They took them to another part of the plane. We hadn't seen them since."

"I believe my family is in the cockpit room, Dad." Angel said to him.

"Really?" Jim said, then she nodded.

"We got weapons now. We should try to retake the plane," said Major.

"Not while they've got Grace and Alice. I can't take that chance," Jim replied in a refusal sort of tone.

Jeremy then suggested, "What about trying to disable the plane and force them to land?"

Angel cut his conversation short. "My father's tried. We've just dumped some fuel, and now they're gonna refuel us in mid-air."

One of the hostages commented, "A refuelling tanker? Jesus."

"At least we tried. Any ideas, anyone?" Angel told them.

Jim soon stared at Angel as if he's saying not to be involved in an adult conversation.

"Come on, Dad. Do you think I'm a little girl?" Angel said, then Jim chuckled.

"Sir?" Major soon stepped forward to tell something that involves an idea. "There might be a way to get these people off the plane."

"What do you mean?" the president then asked him.

"We have emergency parachutes in the tail cone, but we're too high. If we could somehow get a message to the refuelling tanker, get him to drop to 15,000 feet, we could jump."

"They shut down the phones. They'd control the radios..."

"No. Mr.... Mr. President?" called a female voice.

They turned to see a black overweight woman with tied up hair and a black and grey spotted dress as she came close to ask him.

"Sir? The fax machines," she suggested.

"But Dad told ya the phone lines are out," she told her sincerely.

"No, voice lines and faxes are on two different systems of encryption. You disable one, be very easy to overlook the other."

"If this works, you get to be Postmaster General." He then moved to the door. "Come with me. Get these people ready to go," he then asked the Major.

"Yes, sir," he agreed, but he reminded: "Remember, 15,000 feet and 200 knots, otherwise it's suicide."

He smiled and then handed his gun to the Major. "I don't need this."

Turning over to them, Jim finally said, "Good luck, people."

In the office room when Jim started writing and Angel watching them.

"Where are we sending it?" She said.

"Situation Room." Jim answers.

"It makes me so proud that you stuck with us."

"Thanks."

"Whatever happens."

Once he finished writing, the black lady fed his letter to the fax and started activating it.