Chapter 42 - The Twisted Twines

"I feel we have given it enough time now, I think it is time for Robyn and I to head back home so that Robyn can take the throne." Sparks said in front of the entire council. As I peered across the table, it felt like all eyes were on me.
"As long as the magic hasn't been destroyed, I believe that once the sword is returned back to it's home, we will be able to move the kingdom here." My brother continued as his talons began to tap irritably against the stone floor.

Silence continued to incapsulate the room.

Then Freya cleared her voice. "I don't see any reason why that shouldn't happen. But if this were to happen, Kratos or I would have to accompany you." She said in such a strict motherly tone, it made me want to claw my ears off. I felt so confined here now. What was wrong with me? I had never felt this way before. I use to be happy, content even. But now I just wanted to fly, to spread my wings. To be a dragon again.

But no, I had to conduct myself in a well regulated and respectable manner. Why? Since Stephen left, banished. He was banished, he would never choose to leave me like this. Still, they have been keeping too tight a leash on me. I wasn't allowed to leave the base to do patrols anymore; I always had to have a Fae escort, the number varying on a daily basis. They had even given me a fucking curfew. Why? What would that solve, I could just sneak out.

"What do you think Robyn, especially considering it is your future that this would have the greatest impact on?" Kratos asked as he looked in my direction, not at me but to the side. That was another thing I had noticed since I had been returned to my true body. No one would look at me anymore, always only to the side. As if I was invisible? Or am I just that disgusting to look at? No! No, I am not ugly in anyway. If they have an issue looking at me as I really am, then that is their hang up, not mine.

"I think it is the best course of action. Especially considering how scattered our people are. It would be a beacon for them to follow. And we all know that we could do with more allies." I said through somewhat gritted fangs. I am half tempted to try to convince my brother to sneak out with me. We could activate it ourselves. But I would not bring it back here. I would not let Freya get her hands on it.

If anything there is only one person I could trust the safety and life force of my people to; to act in their best interests to keep them truly safe from the Red Cloth. Screw it, I will. I will sneak out and send my kingdom to him. But I will leave him a letter I know he would not be able to miss. I will send my kingdom and my people to Stephen.

"I am glad that you agree Robyn. Perhaps we should leave tomorrow morning?" Freya asked calmly as she folded her hands together. I smiled back.
"I agree. That sounds like the best time to leave." I calmly lied.

————————————————

As I gazed at my ship, I was filled with joy. After a week in the repair yard, it was ready to get back out there and continue to save people. We all stood there, admiring the fleet we had built together.
"She really is a beauty." Rowan said as he stepped closer to the edge of the platform.
"That she is, that ship has done good for our kingdom time and time again. It will be good for her to be out there again, doing what she does best!" I agreed before gazing a little longer.

We stood there for about five minutes.

"Not to spoil the moment, but didn't you say that Bella requested the king's presence?" Luna asked as Taylor. It took Taylor a moment to realise he had been spoken to. Then after clearing his throat he replied, "Yes, Will and Oli also." I sighed as I rubbed the bridge of my nose. She just had to ask, couldn't have left it for a while. I then turned to see Tyler and Taylor ready to continue.
"Where is she at the moment anyhow?" I asked.