2 - Set the record straight

"Girl you know I have a friend that lives in your apartment building, right?" Giyani asked

She was Selah's best friend who happened to work with her. Pretty brown skin, braces on pearly white teeth that were adorned by a gap, a birthmark over her right eye that made her look different yet beautiful, and a plus-sized curvy figure. She was the gossiping type that Selah lowkey hated but she had a good heart.

"Yea, Gigi what about it?" Selah inquired, she didn't know what was set to come out of her friend's mouth but she braced herself for it.

"Well... that friend of mine caught that bitch Giselle going in your crib with Dante."

Selah frowned in disbelief, though Giyani stayed in people's business she wasn't known to tell a lie. It was just the boldness of Dante that had her in shock.

Immediately she packed up her belongings around her cubicle in the call center she worked at then began to leave.

Giyani was right behind her. Whatever her friend was with she was with too. It pissed her off that dumb-ass Dante couldn't see how gorgeous, smart, and real Selah was.

So many dudes tried their hand at sweeping Selah away to take care of her right but were turned down every time, she was loyal. If it weren't for her being blind in love with Dante's ain't shit ass she would probably be getting loved properly right now.

"I can't believe this nigga has the nerve to bring a bitch to my crib." Selah yelled as she walked out of the building to her car. Not even bothering to clock out.

"Me either girl, but we're about to set the record straight. I can't wait to see you lay hands on this hoe and if Dante jumps stupid imma help you beat his ass too." Giyani said as a matter of fact.

Selah and Giyani practically sprinted to the door after they arrived. Subsequently kicking it open because she left the house key with Dante in case he went anywhere.

Giyani held her hand over her mouth as she saw what was occurring before the door was kicked in.

Giselle was on all fours throwing it back on Dante.

Selah could only lunge and start wailing on both Dante and Giselle. Connecting everytime she swung. All she could see was red.

Dante tried restraining Selah but failed. Giyani jumped in to help beat his and Giselle's ass just like she said. The fight ended up flowing outside of the door.

It was a hot mess for onlookers to see. Not a tenant worried about calling the police this was a usual occurrence in the projects. Giselle was naked as the day she was born and Dante only had on boxers.

The neighbor across the way had a front-row seat but he didn't see them fighting as entertainment, only distasteful. He knew exactly what was the cause of the violent situation.

He began breaking them up by first pulling Giyani away then Selah who was strongly fighting against him.

"Let go of me! This nigga know he foul." Selah roared trying to break free from the strong man's grasp.

He wouldn't though.

As soon as Dante regained composure and sent Giselle on her way. He caught wind of who was restraining Selah and instantly started seeing red as well.

"Say bruh, get yo' hands off my girl. Before I hurt you my nigga." Dante spoke in a chilling tone. Taking his frustration out on the man who was only trying to help.

"My name ain't bruh, it's Amar. Also, I was just trying to help seeing as though your girl was putting that work in. But I'll let her go, just remember to not make open threats." Amar calmly stated before winking. Unfazed by Dante's theatrics. Amar could see right through his tough exterior, he was weak and jealous.

After letting Selah go Amar returned to his apartment then closed the door. Selah was on his mind heavy, he wanted to save her from the nightmare of a nigga she was in love with. Making it from this day forward his agenda to claim Dante's "territory"—Selah.

As soon as Selah was placed on her feet she raced inside her apartment. To pack and throw out Dante's shit. Today was her breaking point. They'd been low before but cheating inside of her crib was the lowest of low. No more toleration on her conscience or so she thought.