6 - tell the truth

Two months later

Two months later...

"When are you gonna tell her that I'm pregnant and that you don't love or want to be with her anymore?" Giselle asked, she was tired of being the side chick and wanted to be in the forefront.

Though Giselle hated Selah, she was being honest. She and Dante have been creeping around for 2 years. She could remember vividly a month ago when Dante told her he no longer loves Selah and instead loves her. She was overjoyed knowing damn well it was fucked up of her to be a home wrecker. Not a care in the world was given when Dante placed a 5-karat ring on her finger, something he'd never done for Selah. Giselle felt she had a one-up. It just annoyed her that Dante didn't have the balls to leave.

Currently, they were in Selah's apartment in the bed she shared with Dante, cuddled up as if they owned the place. Dante felt he'd gotten smarter since the last time he was busted. Selah was working a double shift and wouldn't be home until midnight.

He knew sooner or later he would have to tell the truth about him and Giselle. It was just that he didn't want to break his high school sweetheart's heart. He didn't see love when he looked at her anymore. Viewing her as weak because she put up and accepted anything he threw her way. Giselle was the complete opposite, she put her four down anytime she felt he had wronged her. The truth was a year ago he'd been stopped seeing multiple people because he wanted to prove to Giselle how much he cared about her. He barely even slept with Selah.

Dante was stressed as he searches through his thoughts. He couldn't think of a good way to tell Selah they were done. Instead, he chose to fall asleep with Giselle in their bed knowing Selah got off work in an hour.

____________________________

Selah walked into her apartment building

Selah walked into her apartment building. She was off of work 40 minutes early.
Tired was an understatement she was exhausted. As she walked closer to her door a feeling in the pit of her stomach came about. She said a silent prayer for patience in case there was something she didn't want to see.

After unlocking the door and opening it to walk inside. Her nose was invaded by the smell of sex and a perfume she didn't own. There was no one in the living so she rushed to her bedroom. Her jaw dropped at what she saw. Dante was in her bed with Giselle. She grabbed the closest thing to her which was a decorative vase and threw it at the wall, shattering it.

Both Dante and Giselle woke up to the loud noise. When they saw who it was they sat up quickly in the bed.
Selah laughed to keep from crying, she thought they had to be stupid to do something like this, again.

"You got five seconds to get this bitch out of my room and out of my house before I beat her ass again. Selah yelled with so much anger her voice cracked. "Matter fact."

"Selah stop!! She's pregnant." Dante cried out.

Selah stopped in her tracks so fast you could hear shoes squeak on the tiled floor. "What the fuck did you just say?"

Dante sighed before pitting his head down. "I said she's pregnant."

Selah couldn't believe it. Her mind went blank and all she could hear was the sound of her heartbeat. She felt she was drowning in a sea of betrayal and heartache.

As Giselle quickly got dressed and left, Dante looked up at Selah, trying to come up with an excuse for his actions. But words failed him as Selah's eyes filled with tears.

The image of Dante and Giselle was burned into Selah's mind. She couldn't understand how someone could this to a person they claimed to love.

"Make a choice."

"What?" Dante asked.

"Who do you want to be with Dante."

Dante stay silent for a few minutes as he went back and forth in his head on who to choose. "Giselle."

Selah felt sick to her stomach hearing his choice. "Get out. Get out! Get the fuck out!! Get your shit and leave."

Dante quickly obliged, he took one last look and left running behind Giselle.

Selah was sitting in her living room staring at the wall, trying to make sense of everything that happened. She couldn't believe that Dante had a baby on the way that wasn't hers. It had been a long time coming for them to truly separate.