7 - More than friends

Months had passed and Amar found himself thinking about how great life was going for him

Months had passed and Amar found himself thinking about how great life was going for him. He finally had Selah on his arm. As friends for now but he knew there was a spark of attraction that they both were scared to act on. Every sweet look between them, every promise for an amazing future sent shivers through his being.

All he wanted to do was make her his forever. He wanted to show her the world and give her the absolute best that life had to offer.

He knew he had to find a way to make his dreams come to fruition. He brainstormed over what he could do to make Selah realize his love for her. He wanted to start small and decided to make her something special from a local art shop. He knew that handmade gifts always hold a special place in people's hearts, so he decided to go with that concept.

He found the perfect handcrafted frame and placed a photograph of them inside. It was of them at the park, Selah had taken his phone to take pictures of them. He thought carefully about the words that he will add to it, he wanted it to be perfect and he finally settled on the words "You are my sunshine, you are my rain, you are my essence, you are my pain. I know it sounds crazy to say but you are the reason I strive to see another day". He gave it to her later that day and Selah was so overwhelmed by the thought and care that he put into it.

Dante had never done anything creative when it came to gifts. It was either cards or flowers, which she hated.

Selah felt like she belonged to Amar and wanted to make things official but couldn't put away her trauma to let him in

Selah felt like she belonged to Amar and wanted to make things official but couldn't put away her trauma to let him in. She could tell Amar was a good man just from his actions alone. He was charming, thoughtful, attentive, patient, and extremely funny. Her heart raced just thinking about the possibility of them being together.

After finding out that he was the friend Giyani was talking about. Everything made sense and drove Amar and Selah closer. He was something like her knight in shining armor. The perfect outlet, getaway, and distraction. To Selah, Amar was fine as the wine she was sipping on in his living room.

They were watching movies but sitting away from each other. The light in Amar's living room was dim and ambient. Selah didn't know if it was the wine or how good Amar looked with a fresh retwist thrown into a bun. His attire consisted of a muscle shirt and dark grey sweats that made him look relaxed but scrumptious.

"Why you staring girl?" Amar asked, breaking Selah's concentration.

Selah placed her glass down before meeting Amar's gaze, his eyes were penetrating she swore he could see through her soul. "I was not staring, don't flatter yourself."

Amar couldn't help but smirk. Selah was always checking him out on the low. He didn't miss a beat when it came to her. "It's okay if you like what you see."

"I don't." Selah uttered.

Amar stood in front of her after standing up from his velvet-black loveseat. "Prove it." he stated cockily with his muscular arms crossed over his chest.

Selah sizes him up and swallowed the lump in her throat. His baccarat cologne invaded her nostrils. "Lord why must he tempt me." she thought to herself.

"You quiet now, what's the problem? I bet you can't go 10 seconds without wanting to kiss me if I did this." Amar said as he leaned down putting his face directly in front of Selah's.

Selah's panties were flooding from the crisp minty smell coming from Amar's breath. She loved a man that took care of hygiene. Not only that, his handsome face was just another tip of the iceberg. Kissing was for teens, she wanted to fuck.

They stared into each other's eyes, completely tuning out of their surroundings. The fiery gaze they held would captive an audience if there was one. Amar licked his lips smoothly before deciding to make the first move. His lips crashed into Selah's causing a moan to escape from her. What happened next was only the start of their desires for one another.

Amar could only hope Selah didn't change up. It would break his heart.