fake dating - b. togami (1)

it had been hardly a week at your new school, hope's peak academy, and there were already relationships blooming. well, mostly mutual feelings! apart from one.

  a tall boy in your class named byakuya togami had caught the eye of a certain purple haired girl. sitting behind the two of them in class, you were forced to listen to their endless bickering. she refused to leave him alone, sometimes seeming crazier than the previous day. his annoyance seemed to grow as she professed her erotic thoughts and feelings for him. listening in to it was understandably startling. it felt as if you were walking in on something you weren't supposed to.

  about two weeks into the year, togami approached you at the end of class. he set a hand down on your desk, his refined glare startling you. "i need you to go out with me." you immediately tensed up, backing away from your desk. "i..i'm sorry?" you responded meekly, disturbed by the entire ordeal. your classmate adjusted his stance, his demeanor giving off an even scarier feeling. "listen, this is going to sound very odd..i know i wouldn't associate myself with someone like, well, you," he looked you up and down. "but that freak, fukawa, is after me. i need someone to get her off my back."

  you swallowed, adjusting your position and leaning in a little closer, as to make sure no one overheard. "..so you want me to pretend to date you?" togami's breath caught in his throat, before he tapped his fingers on your desk, regaining his composure. "that's correct. you need to play a good part, okay? i'll make sure something's in it for you as well."

  a bit frightened by him, you hesitantly agreed. "uh..sure. so do we just hang out around school?" the blonde scoffed, adjusting his collar. "what are you, a fool? i apologize for mistaking you as a worthy candidate of my love, i will go find someone else." he began to walk away, before you grabbed onto his wrist. "w-wait!" he glanced back at you, startled by your sudden change of personality.

  "i want to do this. i haven't connected with anyone at this school yet. if i can help you out, i'd love to give it a try." togami looked you up and down, staying silent for a moment. "..very well then. have you any idea how we're to do this? or do i need to explain everything?"

  you looked down, embarrassed. sure, this could be your first chance at making a friend in this school, but how was it supposed to be with, well, him?! he's almost impossible to converse with! 

  "i'll take your silence as a no. well, i'll need you to hang around with me a fair amount. outside of school 'dates' are mandatory as well." you seemed a bit startled at the mention of a 'date', even though it was all fake. "here, let's head down to the cafeteria. that's certain to get a fair amount of attention from the others."

  you nodded, following after him. "ah, togami?" you started. "please, call me byakuya. do you want this to look real or not?" he retorted. "alright, um, byakuya..are we supposed to hold hands or something, just to make it look more realistic?" byakuya rolled his eyes at the mention of affection. "you commoners and your physical touch..it sickens me. very well then." he reached out a hand for you to grab onto. you shyly grasped onto it, the cold temperature of his fingers making you shiver.

  once you entered the cafeteria, you realized how byakuya was right in every aspect. it immediately caught the attention of your classmates, especially a few girls; one of them being toko fukawa. your swimmer classmate, aoi asahina, ran up to you. "y/n, since when did you-??" you weren't sure how to respond, making a small noise as byakuya dragged you away from her. you soon realized where he was dragging you: the corner where toko was.

  the look in her eyes when she looked upon byakuya was full of love, obsession, and pure lust. once she turned to look at you, those bright feelings shattered down into nothingness. she glared at you, making a deadly pit form in your stomach.