Chapter 29

Before we get started, since some of you guys wanted it, here is the link to the playlist I made for Five and Y/n when I started writing the books. I use this to get into Y/n's mindset. Just copy and paste the link into google and it should pop up!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3t4oPvTqqXUzxBAEmMjrCC?si=XJNZpQ0XQCWSkmWr9tT7BQ&utm_source=copy-link

I will also put a code you can scan at the end of the chapter.

Y/n's POV:

"How do you think she is going to do that? How do you think Gabi is going to help us," Sloane asks.

"I have two theories. One; she is going to try to use her telepathy to project her powers to me. Like giving me extra power. Or two; Klaus is helping her in the afterlife."

"How is that possible," Five asks.

"I'm not sure. But Dad worked with Klaus so I'm sure just like me, Klaus is at the full extent of his powers. And Gabi knows of Luther and Klaus. She knew where they were in the afterlife."

"Luther," Sloane asks as she holds her side. She got cut pretty badly.

"Yeah, Gabi saw him."

"What was he doing?"

"He was in a bouncy house with Klaus."

"A... a bouncy house?"

"I don't know. I was so distracted by the fact that I died that I didn't even question it. Anyways, I wonder if Klaus can project himself into the real world. Like, do a reverse thing that he does with spirits. Instead of being alive and being able to conjure spirits maybe he can be dead and still conjure spirits into the real world."

"So you think Klaus is gonna conjure her," Five asks.

"It's a possibility that they are working together."

"We might see her again," Ben asks. I almost see him smile. Almost.

"I don't wanna get your hopes up, but it's a possibility."

"Come on, we gotta get to the lobby," Five says.

We all stand up and walk towards the exit of the laundry room. I look at the body of the guardian one more time before walking out.

☂   ♡   ☂   ♡   ☂   ♡   ☂   ♡

The elevator dings as Ben, Sloane, Five, and I all step into the lobby. Everyone else was already here, huddled around someone. My heart drops and I immediately think of the worst but when everyone moves out of the way a smile comes to my face.

Klaus. Klaus was here! And not just in spirit form, but in human form. I smile and run to give him a hug.

"Oh my God, Klaus," I say as I wrap my arms around him.

"Are you okay," Five asks.

"What happened," Ben asks.

"We thought you died," Sloane says

Klaus groans. "If only."

I look at Sloane and Ben for a second before looking back at Klaus.

"Klaus...do you know Gabi," I asks.

"Gabi! Omg, I met her in the afterlife. She is seriously the funniest person ever," Klaus says.

"Where is she?"

"Probably wandering around the spirit world somewhere."

My eyes widen as Ben grabs Klaus's shirt and uses one of his tentacles to force him to look at him.