Chapter Eleven

WARNING: this chapter contains a small amount of swearing.

I bop my head along slightly as music blares from Allison's speakers. I look up and down at my reflection, which looks completely different thanks to the makeover Allison has given me. I'm wearing a short black and white dress, which hugs to my curves as I simultaneously attempt to hitch it up to cover my chest and pull it down to sit lower on my thighs. The outfit sure was short, but at least the 6 inch heels I was wearing added height to me. Allison spins into the room, looking like something out of Vogue as she checks her hair in the mirror. It was a Friday night, and Allison and I were about to go to Stiles 17th birthday party. As we here a honk from outside Allison grabs my hand and excitedly leads me to Isaac's car, helping to steady me on my already uncomfortable feet.

Allison hops into the backseat next to Scott, who has an array of badly wrapped presents across his lap. I smile as I hope that Allison and I will one day have a friendship to envy Scott and Stiles. Isaac catches my smile in the front mirror and leans over to me, kissing my cheek gently. "You look beautiful," he smiles as we begin to drive to Stiles' house.

After a few minutes we arrive at a typical suburban house, well, it would be typical if it wasn't for the blaring music coming from inside and the drunk teenagers hanging out on the front lawn. The four of us make our way to the front door, and seconds after knocking I'm welcomed by Stiles, who holds a red plastic cup in his hand and greets me warmly. I hand him his present and wish him a happy birthday cheerfully. As Stiles' eyes flicker to Isaac's a look of annoyance quickly spreads across his face. I clear my throat awkwardly, I wouldn't have invited Isaac if I knew Stiles would react like this. But he had insisted it was alright only days before.

I hang out with Allison, Scott, Stiles and Isaac for a bit, leaning up against a wall to give my aching feet a short break. As Stiles goes to greet more guests Allison and Scott head outside, where a beer pong table is set up. I smirk as I think how competitive Allison is; Scott had no idea what he had coming! I'm soon facing my worst nightmare, being left alone as Isaac heads off with his friends. Awkwardly, I pick up an empty plastic cup and lean against a table topped with a bunch of alcohol, chipping away at the edge of the rim with my finger.

"Do you want a drink?" Stiles walks over to me with a half empty cup in his hand, gesturing the plastic towards me.

"Uh...sure," I reply, looking at all the different bottles of alcohol. I didn't even know what half of these were, and with my last experience with alcohol causing me to have my head in a toilet bowl for three hours, I was a little bit worried. Stiles takes the cup from me, our fingers brushing gently as he uses a keg to fill up my cup. From the looks and smell of it, I'm guessing the liquid is beer, and this is confirmed as I take a sip.

"So...you and Isaac," Stiles says after a long pause.

"What about us?" I ask.

"You two, uh, serious?" He runs a hand through his hair and looks down at the floor awkwardly.

"I don't really know." I laugh, and I don't know why, maybe it was the alcohol taking over already, or because Isaac and I hadn't really defined the relationship ourselves. I loved spending time with him, but in the back of my mind Stiles was always there. Not that I was planning on telling any of this to him.

"Where's Malia?" I ask, attempting to change the subject. Stiles grimaces and points across the room, to where Malia is sexually dancing with a guy, grinding her body up against his as she looks directly in our direction, completely aware of Stiles watching her.

"Aren't you going to do something?" I'm completely baffled as to how Stiles can just stand there talking to me whilst his girlfriend was practically dry humping another guy!

"There's no point, really. I say anything, I'm just being jealous. It'll just start shit and I don't need that right now." Stiles downs his drink in one gulp, and it is evident he's attempting to hide his pain.

"Stiles...I," I begin, but he stops me as two guys start to play with an expensive looking vase.

"Hang on... I'll be back," he says as he begins to run after them, shouting at the boys to put the vase down.

As my eyes follow the direction in which Stiles has gone, I feel hands grab around my waist and pull me into a dimly lit room. I let out a small scream as I try to balance in my heels. A familiar chuckle lets me relax quickly. "What the fuck, Isaac?" I ask, folding my arms across my chest as I sit down, relief flooding through my veins as my feet can finally rest.

"Oh come on, I just wanted to spend some time alone with you," he sits next to me, a mischievous grin forming quickly as I relax.

"By scaring me half to death?" I ask. He just laughs again, before leaning in to kiss me.

We've been kissing for about ten minutes when we hear the door open and I spring back, embarrassed that someone has seen us , feeling like a typical cliche high school girl. "Oh, shit. Sorry." It's Stiles, and his face drops as he freezes mid step, staring between the two of us. I'm frozen with embarrassment, so much so that it isn't until Stiles has shut the door that I'm able to spring to my feet and run after him.

"Lydia, where are you going?" Isaac asks, jumping up from the bed aswell.

"After Stiles."

"Why?" The anger rises slightly in Isaac's voice.

"What do you mean why?" That was actually a pretty good question. I didn't know why I wanted to chase after Stiles, I just felt guilty, even though I know I shouldn't.

"Why do you care so much about him? Is there something you want to tell me." Isaac moves closer, a mixture of anger and sadness forming in his eyes.

"No, I just. Don't worry." I don't know what to say to Isaac, I don't want to say anything to him. I just end up leaving the room and searching for Stiles. But somehow I can't find him.

***

It's been an hour and a half and still no Stiles. Isaac's gone home in a huff, but that's not my main concern right now. I'll have to deal with him later. I don't recognise anyone I know, not that anyone left at the party would be of much help. They're either practically passed out or basically devouring each other's mouths. My phone vibrates in my hand.

MUMhi darling, is everything okay? x mum

LYDIA Yes everything is ok. Staying the night @ Allison's. See you tomorrow.

I feel guilty for lying, and as I realise my battery is only on 2% and I head up stairs to find a charger I realise I'll probably just end up heading home and telling my Mother that Allison got sick or something. Down the main corridor there's a door on the right covered in posters of Star Wars and rock bands. I smile as I presume this is Stiles room and enter, knowing he must have an iPhone cord some where.

His room is surprisingly neat for a boy, although it does have that signature 'I spray half a bottle of deodorant on myself every morning' odour lingering in the air. I'm about to lean over the bed to a drawer full of tangled cords when I almost trip over a body. As I look down and gasp in shock I realise who it is.

Stiles is slumped over, his back resting against the side of his bed and his skin as pale as snow. As I grab his arm gently to shake him I'm shocked by how cold his skin is. "Stiles?" I rock him back and forth gently, the strength of my push increasing each time his limp body slumps back into place. "Stiles, can you hear me?" My voice begins to grow frantic as he doesn't respond. I place two fingers to his neck, feeling around for a pulse like I had learnt in first aid class. Nothing. He's dead, I think. Stiles is fucking dead.