Flashback

The fumes from the exhaust pipe of the bus make Isaac cough as he watches the bus he had just gotten off fade into the distance. He slings his bag over his shoulder and grunts slightly as the heavy contents impacts with the bones in his back. Isaac walks to the apartment he'd been staying at since his father's death, which was dingy and dust ridden, but at least cheap, and dumps his bag onto the old mattress with a loud thud. It was strange for him to think that all of his life was contained in this small bag that was falling apart at the seams. All his life besides Lydia, that was.

A small sound makes Isaac's head jerk around to face the walk in closet located at the corner of his room. He steps forward slowly, looking around instinctively. Isaac opens the closet in one swift motion, looking down at the source of the noise. He breathes a small sigh of relief.

Malia lies huddled in the corner of the closet, her hands and knees bound together and chained to a link in the carpet. She screams through the clothe that binds her mouth shut, tears staining her cheeks as she looks up at her assailant in terror.

"Don't give me that look," Isaac spits, annoyed with himself that he'd shown a moment of weakness in forgetting that he had locked Malia in the closet. Sometimes he thought what he did to others was a dream, but seeing Malia shaking with terror made it so real. Isaac didn't feel remorse or sadness, there was only one emotion that bubbled inside of him when he saw the look of fear in a victim's eyes. And that was pleasure. Isaac had never had control over anything, not even over himself when his oppressive father was around. But now that he was buried six feet under the ground, Isaac could get his revenge on the world, on those he believed deserved to be punished.

Malia attempts to scream, and although the sound comes out muffled it still may be audible to other residents. Isaac bends down next to Malia and presses his fingers to her lips. "I don't want to hurt you," he says slowly. "But I'm afraid I have no choice. See, there are some people who deserve to be hurt in this world, who need to understand the pain they inflict on others. I believe Stiles is one of those people." Malia's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "He thinks it's okay to mess with Lydia and you, to play each other off and watch on as you vie for his attention. He's got to pay, and you know what's worse than physical pain? Hurting others, because inflicting pain on someone heals, but taking away their loved ones leaves an eternity of pain, and that's what I plan to do. And this plan begins with you."

***
Isaac walks down the school corridor and towards the gym. He can already hear a slow song blasting from the speakers. As Isaac walks into the gym and takes note of the disco ball and over the top lighting, his eyes scan the crowd before he makes out a couple about to kiss. "Lydia?" He stutters as he watches her face inches from Stiles, his stomach doing a flip and leaving him feeling sick. Isaac's face grows hot as Lydia makes eye contact with him. He can't stand to look her in the eye, he can't even be in the same room as her.

Isaac sprints across the lacrosse field towards the forest that outskirts the field. He thumps his head in his hands as his mind fills with violent thoughts again. Lydia betrayed him, the one person who was supposed to love him, the person who had saved him. But maybe that was the point. She was the one who released him from the clutches of his abusive father, who unleashed him into the world to wreak havoc.

"Isaac?" He hears the familiar voice call out. Isaac walks over to the nearby switch box and turns the switch to illuminate the field and locate her position. The lighting lit her up as though there was a neon sign above her, drawing him towards her, crying out for sin. He turns the lights off again. He doesn't want her to see he's upset, he won't.

Isaac's fists clench right as he feels the emotions which once attached him to Lydia drain from his body. She didn't look like his girlfriend anymore, the one person in the world he could trust and love. She now looked like something else, his next victim.

----------------------------------------------------
Author's Note
Wow, it's been a while guys. I'm not sure if anyone will still even be interested in this story, but here's a little look into the psych of Isaac's mind. I'll try and write more frequently.💕

xx
VintageMiseryX