Chapter Twelve

I sit awkwardly next to Stiles, my heels digging into the floor. I'm frozen. I want to move, to scream, to do something, anything. But I can't, I hate the fact that I can't. A small moan makes me jump slightly and look around. Was there someone else in the room? There's no one in sight, and as I look over towards Stiles I notice he's moved slightly, his position is stiffer as if he's sat up slightly.

"Stiles?" I whisper so quietly I can barely hear my own words leave my mouth. I push him again slightly, and this time he lets out the smallest groan, so small I'm unsure I've even heard it until he makes the same noise a minute later, slightly louder now.

I jump up and notice what's on the bed for the first time. The bed is covered in empty bottles and pill capsules. I pick one up and read the label 'anti-depressant tablets.' I shake the bottle, to find only one left inside the large container. I run back to Stiles, steadier on my feet than ever as adrenaline kicks in. "Stiles," I say as I try to breathe properly. "You've had an overdose." I grab my phone, but it's out of battery. I curse under my breath as I notice a door leading to what I assume is a bathroom.

I grab Stiles by the arms and struggle to drag him to the bathroom door. Even though he was of slight build, he was still heavy for me to carry. I attempt to open the bathroom door, having great difficulty as I'm still half-carrying Stiles. I give the door a good kick with my heel, and as it opens behind me I'm thankful my high heels have served some purpose tonight.

I drag Stiles to the shower, setting his passed out body against mine as I struggle to reach up and turn the taps on. "You're not going to die on me, okay?" I tip his head back slightly as the water begins drizzling down on us, settling my nerves a little as the cool water runs down my face, ruining the makeup job Allison had done. There's no reaction for a moment, and I'm scared I shouldn't have moved him, that I've made things worse.

As if on cue, Stiles begins to cough, breathing in deeply as though all the life has been reinstated in him. He begins to throw up, and I can't remember if I'd heard whether you're supposed to induce vomiting or not. There's nothing I can do now though, as I rub his back gently and breathe a deep sigh of relief.

"I didn't mean to take so many." I can barely understand Stiles' mumbles. "I just couldn't see her with him any more."
"Who?" I scrunch my face up slightly, anger igniting my bones as I think of Malia dancing with that guy.
"Lydia."
"Yeah?"
"That's who."

Oh god, he must not realise who I am. I should tell him it's me, before he says something he's going to regret.
"I should've told her how I felt. I should have told her while I had the chance, now she'll never know."
"Know what?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me.
"That I love her. More than I thought I could ever love anyone in my life." He struggles to get the words out, but I hear every single part crystal clear, I don't think I'll ever be able to forget them.

I wait a few minutes, but after Stiles continues to fall in and out of consciousness, I turn the tap off and step out of the shower to go to his room to find his phone. I stand in the doorway, my fingers shaking as I type in Stiles' father's contact. "Stiles, I have to call your Dad."
"What? No," Stiles says drowsily. "I wasn't even supposed to have a party."
I rush back over to Stiles as his head slumps again.
"Stiles I have..."
"Don't. If you do I'll never forgive you."
Stiles' words sting, but I have no choice. I'm worried as to what the concoction of pills and alcohol are currently doing to his innards. I look from Stiles to his phone.
"I'm sorry, I have to."

***
I can't focus on Monday, my mind is in another dimension. I know I should be studying for my final tests that are coming up in a few weeks, deciding on my future and all that adult stuff. But every time I try to study my mind goes back to Stiles. He's all I can think about.

As I walk down the halls in between classes I stop in my tracks as I see Stiles at his locker. I take a deep breath and walk over to him. "Stiles, what are you doing here?" He stares into his locker for a few seconds, his face void of any expression. Stiles slams his locker shut, making me flinch slightly.
"Maybe I got sick of my dad yelling at me."
"You got in that much trouble?"
"Yeah, no thanks to you," Stiles spits the words bitterly, turning to face me to reveal glazed over eyes with dark circles beneath them.
"I had no choice, Stiles. I was scared you were going to die." I try to stop the tears from forming in my eyes.
"Not that you would know, Lydia, but people get wasted and pass out at parties all the time. I know you never get invited to parties, and maybe I should have continued that tradition."

I take a step back slightly, as though his words have pushed me off my feet. "But..you said," I feel like a bumbling idiot, grasping for words I can't find.
"No, forget what I said." Before I know it he's gone, leaving me standing alone in the halls, staring into oblivion as I attempt to comprehend what has just happened.

"Hey beautiful." I turn around to see Isaac, holding a little teddy bear out to me, but retracting it slightly as he sees the look on my face. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing," I attempt to smile, wiping a hand across my face to ensure no tears have erupted from my eyes.
"I'm sorry about the other night," he begins.
"No, don't worry about it," I reply, cutting him off mid sentence. Isaac smiles again as he passes me the teddy bear. I look down at it to see it's holding a heart with the words 'prom?' written in it.
"Isaac," I begin.
"I know, it's cheesy. But, will you go to prom with me?"
I take a look back down the hall, as if I expect Stiles to bust out of a corridor and apologise for what he said, but he's nowhere to be seen I sigh slightly. "Of course, I'll go to prom with you, Isaac."

Author's Note
You didn't really think I was going to kill Stiles, did you?😜
I know that the characters of Stiles and Lydia may seem 'bipolar' in what they want and who they want to be with, but if it wasn't written that way this story would be about two chapters long. I hope you understand.
As I've said before, I'll be writing a new story soon, and I think I'll try writing one story that is completely my own and one fanfiction at the same time. Therefore, as this is my first wattpad story and fanfiction, I'd really apreciate some feedback.😊 Aswell, if you have any fandoms /people you'd like me to write a story about please comment them or DM me on Instagram @teensourwolfpack (I'm following everyone who comments/DMs telling me that they've come from wattpad)

Thanks and I hope you continue to enjoy this story.

xx
VintageMiseryX