ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14 : Underwater kisses

Maybe it's because of the main character's background that Jungkook finds himself excited in the ocean life. He isn't sure if he's written a scene where the mermaid offers the biologist to give him a tour of the underwater world, but Jimin does so. He seems to sense the male's enthusiasm and what's the harm in showing a harmless biologist what his world look like, right?

"I can't breathe underwater," Jungkook states the obvious and Jimin rolls his eyes at that as if that was something he didn't know or consider before suggesting his idea.

He outstretches his palm, some kind of seaweed gripped in it.

"Eat it," says Jimin, shoving it into Jungkook's hand.

"Eat this?" Jungkook asks, doubt written over his face and he stares at the weird looking green structure, "how do I know it's not poisonous?"

Jimin gives him an incredulous look, "do I seem like I have an intention to poison you?"

"No," mumbles Jungkook.

"Then trust me and do as I say. It's a special type of seaweed available at the depths of the ocean to which only my kind can travel to. It'll help you breathe underwater but its effects only last for an hour or so."

Jungkook cautiously takes the seaweed between his fingers as though it would sting him without warning. Jimin chuckles at Jungkook's antics and nudges his arm.

"Quit making such a fuss and eat it already."

Jungkook sighs and parts his lips, slipping the slippery seaweed between them. His face crumples into one of disgust at the taste and Jimin's melodious laughter rings in his ears. He screws his eyes shut as he swallows it down, gagging.

Jimin holds his bare stomach, eyes crinkling into little crescents, tears sliding down his cheeks from laughing too hard. Jungkook's eyelids slide open and he fixes a glare over the laughing merman.

"That tasted horrible."

"I never promised anything about its taste. I only said it wasn't poisonous."

Jungkook gags again as he gets the aftertaste on his tongue and Jimin rolls over the sand with laughter. He composes himself when he catches Jungkook's pouty face.

"Shall we?" Jimin asks as he reaches a hand out toward Jungkook.

Jungkook links his fingers through Jimin's with a nod, "ready as I'll ever be."

"Just hold on to me, okay?"

Jungkook smiles as Jimin tugs him close and together they slip into the ocean waters. Jimin's tail gracefully kisses the water and with powerful strokes, takes them further under.

"You can breathe, Jungkook."

Jungkook let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. Sure enough he is able to breath just fine underwater. Jimin arms pull Jungkook closer to his bare torso as he dives deeper. The marine biologist's eyes go as wide as saucers as a school of fish appear from seemingly nowhere and circle around them like the spiral binding that holds the pages of a book together.

Jungkook gives an overjoyed cry when Jimin swims through a cave like structure and exits into a world so beautiful yet surreal. There are seahorses that dance around happily and a variety of plants that cover the seabed, adding to its unique charm.

"It's so beautiful," Jungkook exclaims and Jimin grins.

Jungkook's eyes meet Jimin's amber ones. Jimin's skin glistens and so does his hair, Jungkook notes in awe. He can't help it and his lips are drawn closer to Jimin's till they brush against them in a light kiss.

Jimin's grin only widens.

He tugs Jungkook by the waist and swims around him, his tail gently brushing the skin of Jungkook's legs, their chests touching one another's, lips just inches away.

A merman and a human.

Their foreheads meet, their eyelids drooping close before their lips lock together. It feels so good. It feels so right. Like a puzzle, they fit together perfectly. And Jungkook realises just how much he misses all this.

He cups the others cheeks and tilts his head to deepen the kiss. To feel what he hasn't felt in what seems like ages. To reignite a spark within him.

Sharing a kiss underwater isn't something Jungkook ever gave much thought to until then or maybe it was more of the fact that he was sharing an intimate moment like this with Jimin.

"I missed this," says Jungkook when Jimin pulls away and there's a hint of sadness in the other's eyes.

He presses his lips to Jungkook's again, more desperate, more passionate than the previous one, and Jungkook swears he hears Jimin mumble out "I missed this too" against his lips.

--

How was it? Cute? Too cliché?

Need more jikook moments like this?

1 June, 2023