An Unlucky Encounter!

Ralf approached the exposed basement hatch with measured steps, his heart pounding in anticipation. The atmosphere crackled with a palpable sense of danger, each breath laden with suspense. Kneeling down slowly, he felt the weight of the moment settle upon him.

Alf and Rebecca stood by, their faces drenched in a sheen of cold sweat. Time seemed to stretch, as if the universe conspired to amplify their growing anxiety. Beads of sweat clung to their brows, a testament to the intensity of the situation.

Just as Ralf's hand neared the handle, a surge of crimson light erupted from the depths of the basement.

The air crackled with a sudden energy, as a razor-sharp red aura slashed through the darkness, hurtling towards Ralf with deadly precision. The slash, an imposing 206cm in length, 25cm in height, and 3cm in width, curved through the air like a boomerang of impending doom.

Instinct kicked in, and Ralf's mana surged to life, conjuring a fragile yet crucial barrier. The barrier materialized just in the nick of time, its protective embrace granting him a fleeting chance to evade the mortal blow. With lightning agility, he launched himself aside, narrowly escaping the oncoming onslaught.

But the cost was high, as the slash shattered the barrier and cleaved through his humerus bone, tearing a path through the very ceiling above.

The force of the attack sent the basement hatch hurtling skyward, a vivid testament to the ferocity of the strike.

Through the settling dust, Marcus emerged, his sword gleaming in the dim light. Anne clung tightly to Arthur, her eyes filled with worry, while Leon struggled under the burden of four weighty bags, his movements sluggish and unsteady.

"ALF! NOW!" Marcus's voice echoed with urgency, piercing through the tension-laden air.

Alf closed his eyes, a surge of concentration emanating from his staff. A stream of mana erupted from its core, streaking toward Leon, penetrating his chest with an otherworldly force. In an instant, Leon's body transformed, suffused with a radiant white hue, nimbleness replacing his former sluggishness.

"QUICKLY, LEON! GO!" Alf's urgent command reverberated in the air.

"IT WILL ONLY LAST 5 MINUTES!"

With renewed agility, Leon burst through the front door, racing through the town toward the east side. The attention of the onlookers fixated on him, but he pressed on, determined to reach the safety of the forest.

Meanwhile, Ralf's anguished cry rang out, his pain fueling his resolve. Casting a healing spell upon his wound, his body mended in a near-instantaneous flash. Rising to his feet, drenched in exhaustion and perspiration, he glared at his adversaries.

Anne swiftly gathered Renna, placing her on her other shoulder alongside Arthur. With a commanding voice, she invoked the powers within her, channeling waves of mana that encased her entire being like a swirling vortex. The mana whirled around her form, splitting apart like cascading autumn leaves caught in a tempestuous wind.

"DIVERGE!"

The mana fragments scattered, forming an ethereal armor of pearly white metal adorned with intricate golden embellishments. A rapier rested at her waist, gleaming with a foreboding elegance.

"I'm going to help Leon!" Anne declared with steely determination.

"Go for it!" Marcus responded, his eyes alight with a flicker of admiration.

Anne, cradling Arthur and Renna, approached the shattered wall with purpose. However, Ralf's fury knew no bounds.

"Oh no you don't!" Ralf seethed, surging forward with his weapon poised to strike, aiming to extinguish her life in one fell swoop.