The End is Only the Beginning

On January 10th, 2018, or 2218 in Earth years, the months-long journey was over and Maddsolian astronauts and troops arrived at Kennedy Space Center, a spaceport off the coast of Florida. Lots of smoke and dust filled the air as the rocket landed, and it couldn't have been any better. When the astronauts were ready, they opened the doors and exited the shuttle.

Upon exiting the spacecraft, the troops weren't that affected by the atmosphere; in fact, it felt nice to breathe Earth's air. While surveying the area, troops were greeted with the sight of nearly abandoned buildings around the spaceport. Thinking swiftly, troops used the lack of defense to their advantage, and took over the spaceport by force. The combat spacecraft reinforcements were soon to arrive.

The reinforcements arrived and the offensive front was taken to the next level. Maddsolia, with the help of other NSL-affiliated countries, eradicated all organized resistance in the spaceport and in a few cities surrounding it. This was a turning point for the colonization front, and MCPS Empire had failed to make it to their goal. On Earth, troops had been fighting for colonization, and on T7Z90, troops were fighting for peace.

Many months later, Matt DeAlto was on a trip to Earth, so another person temporarily took the office. T7Z90's civilization remained as busy as ever, as the fight wasn't over yet. MCPS Empire had been launching mobilizations in the unincorporated land, to have something even if Earth couldn't be taken. The West had prepared operations to prevent MCPS Empire from attempting to colonize Earth ever again, and this situation stirred up the perfect climate for war.

DeAlto, and his ally, Joribel, arrived on Earth after a few months. Their job was to supervise mobilizations and provide information about colonization's progress. Also, they had to meet with a few leaders on Earth. The latest implement in the NSL's mission was the revival of the empty ISS. Separate researchers from the TISS had finished preparing the abandoned space station for future use and established it as a space base.

But the colonization wasn't all a victory: large portions of the Earth's surface were ruined by pollution and global warming. The spaceport was one of the only intact structures on the Floridian coast, as most of the coastal areas were submerged. However, there was evidence of past operations to preserve the state, and those succeeded to an extent. All they needed was a boost, which the NSL negotiated to be a future objective of theirs.

Back on T7Z90, war was raging, and it looked good for the West. Despite being the potential winners, the West only wanted the war to end. Fighting was their last choice, as all compromises with the East had failed. The war on T7Z90 and colonization on Earth created lots of turmoil, but that's not the only thing that governments thought about.

Matt couldn't have been any prouder when he finished exploring Earth and went on the journey back home. He had raised his nation well and fulfilled his dreams. He proved his loved ones wrong, in the best way possible. From the lessons he learned along the way, Matt was more than eager to continue fulfilling his duties. But for now, that wasn't on his mind; It was just another ordeal on the horizon.