Ch. 29

Cameron POV 

My head felt so fuzzy. My body hurt. I was covered in sweat. My eyes were so heavy it felt like they were glued shut. 

I hear muffled voices. 

Suddenly my heavy eyelids flutter open I was looking at an unfamiliar ceiling. 

"How much longer it's been days!" I hear yelling. 

"It's hard to tell it could take days sometimes weeks." I hear on the other side of the door. 

I slowly turn my head to meet a pair of blue eyes. Bucky's eyes. 

"Hey there sugar plumb." He said placing his hand on top of my head 

"You had us all worried." He said 

"What happened?" I asked 

Suddenly Tony and Commander Steve walked in. 

"Your molecular DNA was failing." Tony said 

If it was possible a giant question mark would be above my head. 

"Your DNA was rejecting the elements from this earth. So we gave you some of Commanders DNA and now your body is readjusting." Tony said 

I blinked slowly watching as they looked at my response But I couldn't do anything. If I promised to be good they wouldn't hurt my family. Besides I still felt a little weak. 

I laid my head back on the pillow looking up at the ceiling. 

I felt a hand on my forehead. 

"It seems your fever is still high." I hear Tony 

Commander was looking at me with a strange look.

I didn't understand why. Was he looking for a reaction for me to yell and scream. Frankly I didn't have the energy. 

"Don't sweat it cupcake you'll be back on your feet before you know it." Tony said walking over to the machines. 

There was a screen that had my genetic code on the screen. 

"So this part." Tony said pointing to the blue. 

"Is your DNA, and the red is Steves." He said pointing 

I can see Steve's DNA fusing with mine The Nano's were forcing Steve's DNA to fuse with mine. 

"This is why you are feeling a little lousy, It's going to take some time for your body to adjust." Tony said 

I just wanted to scream and cry. But I just couldn't 

I closed my eyes feeling my body go limp. 

I slowly started to lose my senses again. 

                       Time Skip

My eyelids slowly flutter open by the time I open them again. It's dark out. and It's just me and Commander Steve in the room. He was standing at the window looking out it with his hands behind his back. 

He was still in his tactical suit. But It was just me and him. What Tony explained to me does that mean I can never go back home? 

I can never go back to my earth? I can never see my dad again? Or the others? 

I felt my lip quiver and my eyes start to well up with tears. 

I can never see them again. I'll never be able to go back to my earth where everything is normal Ever again. 

I didn't ever Realize Commander Steve was watching me but suddenly I am Brough into a hug that I was crying into his chest as he held me. 

"Shh, Everything's alright, Your going to be okay now." He said as he petted my hair.