Chapter One: Whitty

It was early in the afternoon in Station Square, and Kat the Cat, the Girlfriend, the Boyfriend, Pico, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Rouge the Bat had just gotten done with some shopping.

Kat: Isn't this amazing, Cherri? Now that we're able to spend time together every day, that means we can have daily shopping sprees!

Girlfriend: I know, but let's try to keep the shopping sprees down to weekly!

Kat: [She laughed] Yeah, do you think we'll be able to keep that up, Cherri? [She continued laughing]

Girlfriend: [She started laughing along with Kat] Yeah, good point! [She called out to Boyfriend and Pico] Hey! How are you boys doing with our stuff?

Boyfriend: [Struggling to not be crushed by the many things the girls bought] Y-Yeah! W-We're doing great!

Pico: [Also struggling to not be crushed by the many things the girls bought] Let's face it, B, we're only doing this because we wanna prove that we're loyal boyfriends!

Boyfriend: Yeah, you mean YOU wanna prove that you're a loyal boyfriend! I've proven that a long time ago!

Pico: Heh, yeah, by harassing innocent bystanders to earn Girlfriend's approval!

Boyfriend: That's not true! I've helped some of them!

Pico: The way you "help" them is by making them angry and then from fixing everything after you win in a rap battle!

Boyfriend: Not true!

Rouge: [With Kat and Girlfriend] Come on, you two! Who needs two normal humans carrying your stuff when you can have the Ultimate Lifeform himself carry stuff for you! [She called out to Shadow] Shadow! how are you holding up, honey?

Shadow: [About to drop everything] F-Fine...

Girlfriend: [She laughed] It really is a lovely day for a walk!

Kat: I know! I'm surprised there aren't more people out here!

Rouge: Probably because people are inside busy working and playing on their electronics and stuff!

Kat: Fair assessment! Well, they're really missing out! Unlike them, we get to take in the beautiful sights of Station Square, the magnificent sounds, and-- [She trailed off as she sniffed around, noticing a weird scent]

Rouge: Kat?

Girlfriend: She probably just trailed off! She tends to get distracted by small things a lot! She'll be back down to Earth in a few seconds!

Kat: [She kept sniffing around] T-The smell of burnt charcoal?

Girlfriend: It's probably just burnt hotdogs

Kat: Maybe...

Girlfriend: Let's just try to ignore it and keep walking!

Kat: Okay!

Rouge: [She saw a silhouette] Who's that?

Kat: What are you talking about, Rouge? [She also saw the silhouette] No way! Is that... Who I think it is?!

Girlfriend: Huh?

Kat: Come on! I've gotta see if I'm right! [She ran to get a closer look at the silhouette]

Girlfriend: Kat, wait for us! [She ran after Kat]

Rouge: Ah, sure, why not? Come on, boys! We're taking a small detour! [She flew after Kat and Girlfriend]

Boyfriend: [Panting heavily as he gently placed the stuff down] Finally, we catch a break!

Pico: About time! [He roughly threw the stuff to the ground]