0.1 - Prologue

Many across the world believed that level 10.0 was the maximum level people's abilities could reach. It was seen as a formidable barrier that few could surpass. However, those who managed to break through became known as Transcendents, gaining entry into a secret world that comprised only around 5 million individuals out of the global population of 8 billion—roughly 1 in 1,600 people.

My name is Kayden Rowan, and I am one of these Transcendents.

When I was just six years old, my electric-based ability manifested. Even at such a young age, I became a point of interest due to my genius talent for fighting with my ability. By the time I turned ten, I had already reached a remarkable level 9.4. Then, around the time I turned twelve, with the assistance of a crimson-haired man indebted to my deceased parents, I broke through the level 10.0 barrier and transcended.

Becoming a Transcendent was not a matter of choice for me; it was a means of survival. This world is harsh, filled with sly scoundrels and predators always ready to hunt the weak. It's a world where strength and influence reign, and the norm is to kill or be killed.

But I didn't mind. In fact, I grew to enjoy fighting. I relished in the challenges, challenging numerous opponents throughout my life. Fighting became my passion.

My fame within this secret world skyrocketed. People no longer saw me as a brat who didn't understand their place in the world. I became someone significant, considered to be among the top 30 in terms of strength, although by no means the strongest. Despite receiving numerous offers from various factions that wore shining masks of welcome, I chose to remain unaffiliated.

The truth is, behind those welcoming faces lay dirty, deceitful, and cunning individuals waiting for the perfect opportunity to exploit their subjects for personal gain. In this hidden world, it's common sense to win at all costs. Ditch allies, ditch your morals, they're a prey's quality in this trashy world.

Despite the risks, I chose to remain unaffiliated. I cherished my freedom as much as I cherished fighting. But this also meant that I had to face off against organizations and powerful individuals who sought out weak and unprotected prey.

Nevertheless, I continued to fight relentlessly. Each time, I emerged stronger, earning the title "Kayden the Breaker" as I left those who challenged my freedom shattered. Of course, this also left me with countless enemies and resentful grudges, but I faced them head-on. That crimson-haired man, who had watched me from afar, was there in the shadows, but in the end, I dealt with my own enemies by myself with fists and willpower.

As my reputation grew, many in the Transcendent world watched me closely, searching for weaknesses to exploit, aiming to destroy me for the sake of their influence, power, and reputation.

I grew tired of it all. By the time I reached fifteen, I had forgotten what it was like to live the life of a normal teenager, free from constant vigilance. I had forgotten the feeling of friendship, as distrust became a necessary survival trait.

That's when I decided to disappear from this terrible and hidden world, to settle for a normal life.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

The present day.

It was a sunny day and Kayden was sat alone in a rather popular drink store in Wellston called Woaba Boba drinking his 8th serving of large sized vanilla bubble tea. The employees of the drink shop observed the messy black haired, wearing all black round sunglasses with drops of sweat and worried faces as they couldn't believe the ridiculous amount of bubble tea that he drank they all collectively thought that he must of had Type 2 diabetes by now and even the employee at the cash register decided to already give the teen a 5% discount if he came back despite the fact it was Kayden's first time at the shop.