Chapter 2.2 - Fun and Surveillance.

The morning sun had risen, signaling the end of the night. It was half past nine, and a slender teenager named Terrance stood alone, his light brown hair falling gently over his green eyes. Stood beside an off-white wall, he found privacy in this discrete, secluded corner of the resort, shielded from prying eyes. He was wearing a light blue shirt with blue jeans and had his right hand clenched tightly into a fist and kept walking from and to the wall. He couldn't stop moving - something was clearly on his mind.

"Kayden, he's far more than what he lets out," Terrance thought as he sighed, frustratedly, "He defeated the first agent we sent against him, considering he went missing, and easily knew I was a spy. But I still don't know the maximum of his capabilities and intelligence, at this point he's playing with me. I need reinforcement." He continued to get out his phone and called a certain number on it before putting it beside his head.

Needing to resolve the issue, Terrance retrieved his phone, his fingers trembling slightly. With a quick dial, he initiated the call, his voice tense but firm. "I'm requesting assistance to investigate and assess Kayden Rowen," he stated to the person on the other end. "We still don't know the extent of his capabilities, and his actions remain elusive."

Terrance's request hung in the air, he knew the unkown, that is Kayden, in thier plan was something that simply couldn't be scoffed at.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Meanwhile, in room 407 of the resort, John and Kayden's room; the two black-haired teens, sat on the edge of a hastily made bed as Seraphina and Arlo, were stood in front of them, facing them with direct eye contact. They had called for a meeting to address the pressing matters related to Spectre, all fully aware that the malicious organization had something detrimental planned against them as the rest of the attendees of the trip, in particular Blyke and Remi along with the four of them apart from Seraphina. Silence loomed over them as no one really knew, what to start with.

"I was called last night to a sudded assignment tommorrow, early in the morning," Seraphina seriously stated, initiating the conversation and breaking the silence. Everyone took a couple seconds to ponder on the information.

"Oh, so that's why you left." John said, remembering the talk he had with Seraphina last night.

"That's during the hike on Rowden hill, " Arlo quickly pointed out, grabbing the attention of the others. Kayden and Seraphina had a look of realisation, knowing what that would entail. However, John was a bit slow to realise. "That would mean that they want to drag Seraphina away to weaken our group."

"Hey, what exactly is your assignment?" Kayden asked, curiously to the magenta-haired girl.

"They want me to visit an NXGen facility in Arcwood to get research documentation and a physical sample."

"NXGen? Where have I heard that?" Kayden focusing  in thought as he put a finger on his head, trying to recall where he had heard of NXGen before. As the memories flooded his mind, a mixture of gritted teeth, clenched fists, and slightly widened eyes. These memories revealed a trauma and deep-rooted, forgotten emotions associated with a distant past.

Vividly, he remembered being a young, innocent, weak, crying child. Pathetic. He was being carried away by a much younger, trusted, red-haired guardian, Xavier - his eyes glowing gold. All he could see was a snow-white-haired woman in her thirties whose face he couldn't remember, now distorted. She was critically injured, guarding against endless sea of soldiers in front of a burning NXGen facility. That's right, he was weak and had to leave her. He was too weak.