Chapter 1.4 - Acclimation

3 days had past since my first arrival at Wellston Highschool. Not much had happened since then, except that John had recently moved into the School Dorms. I put John's concerns about Seraphina's problem aside for now and focused on settling in.

The only updates from that issue was that every attempt that John tried to get information had failed with nothing new to show. And according to John, Seraphina has declined every invitation to hanging out with him after school ,which he said was not herself, I'm guessing that this temporary solution that Seraphina had to her disabled ability is actually blackmail to make her work for someone but that's just a guess. I'll go ask that Cypher Broker in Rowden by cashing in a favour.

I had spent most evenings after school with John in the holy place known as Woaba Boba and during the free times in school, I just mostly hung out with the Safe House because I just rather relax with comeplete ignorance that the world is in a mess... and that I also made friends with a few of them (or what I think what a friend is supposed to be like) and exchanged some phone numbers, then going around looking using "going on rounds" as an excuse to beat up Zeke-like Idiots. 

I now gained myself a new title "Lightning Ace of Wellston" from the school newspaper after me literally beating elite tiers without moving and my (coverup) god-tier level, which now people refer to me as typical for most extras - chatting about whoever is the centre of attention - although, the new title is refreshing after being dubbed the "Breaker" for so long. 

Leading us to the present day, of which I was walking down the hallways with John. There were many who went to the sides  not to the prescence of me, but John. It had taken me some time to realise the impact he had onto the rest of the students but to me, I don't really care, it's not like John the same person so why should I care?

"Hey Kayden, I've been wondering," John curiously asked, breaking me out of my personal monologue (rude), "Why is it that you act so differently to most god-tiers? You know what I mean, arrogant trash that flaunt power on the weak."

"Good question, I don't know." I replied. Well I'm not lying, I too never knew why considering I lived in the hellish conditions of the Transcendent world, I still had my rather carefree attitude to most things. Well, I can think of a few reasons though. I saw John staring at me blankly with his burnt-golden eyes full of perplexion.

"What are you looking at me for?" I asked, "If you insist... I'd guess that I grew up in an enviroment with people stronger than me with that stupid attitude, I hated that. I also just simply had a talent for fighting and simply loved to fight until I reach the top and I only cared about fighting fairly. "

"Woah," John exclaimed, "You simply only fought because you liked it?"

"Yeah, that's right.", Well that's really it. I just liked to fight, "But that's the past, theres still people left to beat and I just want to live a normal life now."

"Wait, there people stro--" John exclaimed before being cut off by realising. I noticed it too, it was a person's bioelectrical signal for me, who was it again? Ah... Terrance, he had followed me a few times before - he's up to something.

 I quickly glanced behind me, faster than anyone could see and scanned. He's invisible and following us. John nearly and suddenly was about to turn but I pinched him before quietly and affirmitvely telling him, "John, I know you noticed someone spying on us. Ignore it, think about it. It's better for us if they don't know that we know about them."

I had noticed that our slight yet noticable movement, got a couple nearby people to look at us confused.

"It's just that... " John said, sounding agitated and hints of anger, "I noticed him before Sera lost her ability."