N I N E

-
1 month
-

Nathalie was sitting beside the hospital bed. The stroller beside her. The twins sleeping. Nathalie had her head on her sister's lap. She had fallen asleep. Gabriel opens the door of the room. He steps into the room with a bag of food. He shuts the door then approached the couch. Gabriel sets the bag down on the couch then approached Nathalie. He gently shakes her. Nathalie slightly moves as she slowly opened her eyes. Gabriel helps her sit up straight. He then took a seat on the couch behind Nathalie. Nathalie turned to her side. She looks at Gabriel. Gabriel looked in the bag and grabbed Nathalie's sandwich. He hands it to her. Nathalie grabs it then unwraps it.

Gabriel:I got you a breakfast sandwich from the bakery, It's new on the menu so I decided to buy it for you since you haven't eaten anything

Nathalie:Thank you darling

Gabriel:You're welcome my love

Nathalie takes a bite of the sandwich. Her eyes sparkled.

Nathalie:This is delicious! Try it!

Nathalie holds it up to Gabriel's mouth. Gabriel takes a bite. His eyes sparkle.

Gabriel:That is delicious!

Nathalie:I told you!

Nathalie continued to eat while sharing with Gabriel. After eating, Nathalie and Gabriel conversated for hours.

Voice:Keep it down, I'm trying to sleep

Nathalie turns around immediately. She looks at her sister. Elerslie looks at Nathalie. Nathalie gets up and hugs her sister. Elerslie holds Nathalie. Nathalie began crying out of joy. Elerslie rubs her back. She kisses Nathalie's head. Nathalie withdrew from the hug. She wipes her tears away while smiling.

Nathalie:You're awake!

Elerslie:Mm, Yes I am

Nathalie:Oh how I've missed you

Elerslie:You've missed me?

Nathalie:Of course! You're my sister

Elerslie smiles weakly. Nathalie holds her sisters hand.

Elerslie:What'd I miss will I was gone?

Nathalie:Nothing actually, I spent all hours of everyday here with you and Ian as well. He tried to come when he could due to work and taking care of Maya but overall he was here

Elerslie:Mm, Never got bored being here?

Nathalie:Nope, I always brought a book or would watch cocomelon with the twins

Elerslie laughs. Nathalie laughs as well. Elerslie coughs. She turns away to her arm. Nathalie rubs her back.

Nathalie:Are you okay?

Elerslie:I'm fine, Don't worry little sis

Nathalie:I'm always gonna worry love

Elerslie fixes herself back to how she was. She looks at Nathalie again.

Elerslie:Did the doctor find out what was wrong?

Nathalie:Peumonia. As for you being in a coma, The doctor doesn't know the answer to that

Elerslie:The baby?

Nathalie: . . I'm sorry love. .

Elerslie's eyes lost their shine. She looks away. Gabriel's face softens. He didn't know of that. He feels bad. Elerslie sighs in hopes to not cry. An ache in her chest. Nathalie caresses her sister's hands. Elerslie turns back to look at Nathalie. Nathalie hugs her sister. Elerslie hugs Nathalie back. Nathalie sat beside Elerslie. Elerslie pulls Nathalie's legs onto the bed. She shares her blanket. Nathalie holds her sister. Elerslie lays her head on top of Nathalie's.