Hiyori's chocolate evening

Of course I know that Ayanokoji-kun himself told me that we would meet later tonight. However, I really wanted to see him during the day, so I went to the library twice today, during lunch break and after school, but I never managed to see him. He was probably busy with something today, which is why he didn't show up at the library.

I'm not upset, honestly! It's just... my heart gives off sadness and slight painful tremors. Although my expectation of our meeting soon still brings some peace to my soul. I just need to wait a bit, I just need to wait for Ayanokoji-kun to text or call me.

That's why I'm in my room right now waiting for it to happen. Of course, I don't look at my phone screen every five or six minutes! And... and I don't check my call list or my email every time! No, I'm not like that.

Ah! The notification came to the phone.

– Eh... it's a pity...

It turned out to be just a notification from the school that the weather would be windy and cloudy tomorrow, so light snow and cold could most likely be expected. Well, this is not surprising, because winter is still not over, although, of course, in the southern regions of Japan, for sure, they have not seen snow for a long time. At least, that's how winters usually went in my hometown.

There is almost no snow, only a cool wind. And in summer, it's terrible how hot it is, and my parents didn't want to take me to the sea. It can be said that the exam on the island was also my first trip to the sea. This school is really good, and I'm glad I got here.

Of course, there are some things that I don't really like, class confrontation is one of them. But I can put up with it, because it was at this school that I managed to make such a good friend.

Ayanokoji-kun is not very talkative, but this isn't a problem in any case. He is courteous, intelligent, well-read and gallant. Moreover, if I talk specifically about his appearance, then he is quite handsome. Heh... yes, I would never be able to tell him that, because if I did, then my heart would just explode with embarrassment.

Friend... It's a good word, a good concept, but it's so stretchy. I call Ayanokoji-kun my friend, and that's not far from the truth, but... is it worth saying that my breathing is always erratic when I'm around him? It's only with the help of books that I manage to immerse myself in my world if it's nearby, but in other cases I just don't have protection. Sometimes my heart is ready to jump out of my chest just because I think about him, and there's nothing I can do about it.

If he found out about my feelings, would he reject me? Mm... I don't want to think about it, but you can't deny such treachery. Apparently, that's why I shouldn't cross the border, because as long as we are friends, everything is fine and well. If this changes, it will be too unclear what to do.

– Mm??! Ah!

I noticed that suddenly I got another notification on my phone. This time it was from Ayanokoji-kun. He asked me if I could talk to him now. Instead of answering, I decided to call him, it would be much faster. And I just finally want to talk to him myself.

– Ayanokoji-kun.

– Hiyori. Are you busy right now?

His voice came from the other side of the phone line. I felt my body relax abruptly, as if some kind of tension had been gripping me for a long time before. It seems that I even unconsciously worried about this call more than I should.

– N-no! I'm always free... I mean, I'm free now, yes.

– Mm?? Something happened?

– No, I'm sorry, I was just a little worried.

– Are you sure you're okay?

How awful, I made him worry about me. Of course, I am pleased that he cares about me, but it can still cause inconvenience to any of us. I had to inhale and exhale, trying to calm the nervousness in my own body and mind.

– Yes, I assure you.

– I see it. Anyway, can we meet around 10:00 PM?

– So late?

It's a little unusual that it's so late. At this time, I most often read a book before going to bed, although, of course sometimes I read too much and sit there until midnight or even longer, but still at about 11:00 PM I usually manage to go to bed. Well, if it's Ayanokoji-kun, I can come back to the room later today.

– I'm sorry if it's too late, it's just going to be a little harder to meet before then.

– It's okay, I understand. It suits me. Where can I meet you?

After all, he probably has a lot of things to do today. Perhaps he was helping Horikita-san, as is usually the case, or he was in contact with Sakayanagi-san or Ichinose-san. It's hard to say for sure how busy his schedule is today.

– On the roof of the dormitory, is it suitable?

It's... well, it's still a good place, better than a hall or a hallway. I just hope there won't be anyone else there. Honestly, even if it's a little selfish, I want to spend time with Ayanokoji-kun today just the two of us.

– Yes, of course. I'll be there.

– Okay. See you tonight.

– Yeah, see you.

Our little conversation ended with the fact that we agreed on the place and time of the meeting. Of course, this time is already bordering on when the curfew comes into force, but still we must not miss the opportunity to talk and meet in person, which I have been waiting for all day. Although, of course, to be honest, I've been waiting for this day for the last two weeks while I was choosing chocolate for gifts.