part ben ten

A/N: help we're close to the end of this fanfic

(Bro cut down the trees and was sad about it)

"You can go now." He says with a slight hint of disappointment in his eyes.

"I lov-" he stops and lets out a sneeze. "Fuck." He mumbles, "can you feel my forehead?" He asks.

You do as he says, "you're fine." You reply.

He nods, relieved. "Thanks for taking care of me." He says, his tone now genuine and sincere.

You smile at him, realizing that despite his eccentric behavior, he had a kind heart deep down.

"I should get going now," you say, standing up from his lap. He nods and gives you a small wave, watching as you leave his room.

As you make your way out of his er.. factory, you can't help but feel happy over what had just happened, you had finally turned him uhh back to normal, for now?

(I'm tired)

---

The next day you take a shower and take care of yourself, all of a sudden you get a knock on your window. It's.. Lorax?!

"What the hell.." you mumble. You walk towards the window and open it, "what the hell are you doing here?" You say and stare at him.

"Are you even supposed to be here? Aren't you supposed to protect your forest?" You say, confused.

"Yeah, but, beanpole destroyed it." He replies, he looks genuinely depressed and disappointed.

"I'm trying to fix it, I promise." You inform him, he looks at you, "it's too late. There's only 20 to 30 trees left." He furrows his eyebrows.

"2-20..??" You mumble shocked, you look at Lorax, "okay, uhh.. I'll try to fix this as quickly as I can. I promise." You help Lorax down and close the window. You immediately get your shoes and jacket on.

You rush to Once-ler's factory, seeing how dead it looks compared to yesterday.

(YOU CANNOT FIX HIM.)

But as you enter Onceler's office, you notice that he is humming happily to himself as he works on his newest invention.

He seems completely unaware of the destruction he has caused to the forest and its inhabitants, and you wonder how someone could be so oblivious.

You clear your throat to get his attention, and he turns to face you with a smile on his face. "Oh, hey, honey!" he exclaims.

But as you start to explain the situation and the damage he has caused, he simply brushes it off. "Come on? It's nature, It'll grow back eventually" he says with a dismissive wave of his hand.

You feel frustration building up inside of you, and you can't believe that someone could be so careless and ignorant.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me, right?!" You yell at him, he looks at you, "what?" He mumbles.