6th bonus: guitar

A/N: "You're still updating this?!" Yeah. This is before y/n and Onceler started dating (only, this didn't actually happen)

You knock at The Once-ler's door, "one second!" He shouts. A minute or so after, he finally opens the door. He's wearing pajamas.

"Hey!" He exclaims, you smile gently and reply with, "hi!" He tells you to come inside, and you do.

You follow him upstairs in the cottage, he leads you to a small room with a desk and a medium sized desk lamp on it. On the desk is also a cup of coffee, along with his broken guitar and some tools to fix it.

He sits down by his desk but stops himself, he gets back up and grabs a stool from the corner of the room. He puts it next to his chair and he sits down.

He pats the stool gently while looking at you. He smiles gently as he waits for you to sit down. You sit down on the stool and he looks at his broken guitar.

"I've bought some new guitar strings and some strong tape, do you think you're able to help me with this?" He asks, you nod and move closer to the desk to take a good look at the guitar.

"I'm not an expert with this type of stuff." You admit, he nods. "That's fine, can you hand me the tape?"

"It's right in front of you, god you're lazy!" You grab the tape and hand it over to him. "And the scissors." He adds. You sigh and grab scissors, you hand it over to Once-ler. "Thank you."

He grabs the stuff and starts putting his guitar back together, after he's done doing that he grabs the new strings that are still in the package(s), he opens them and starts replacing the old ones.

You watch as The Once-ler skillfully replaces the old guitar strings with the new ones. The room is filled with the sound of delicate plucking and soft humming as he tunes the instrument.

"Do you think you can play something when you're done?" You ask, Once-ler looks up from his work, a playful glint in his eyes. "I suppose I could play a little something for you.." he says with a smirk. Finishing up with the last string, he adjusts the tuning one final time.

"All right," he declares, his fingers poised on the newly strung guitar, "any requests?"

You think for a moment, there's one song in particular that you can't stop thinking about.. "Do you know Golden Hour? By JVKE, it's a piano song but.. I can't think of any other song." You ask, his face lights up and he nods. "Of course I do!"

He looks down at his guitar and stares at it without doing anything for a moment. Then he starts to play the song, you stare at him, you're pretty shocked that he's able to play it on guitar.

He starts singing which catches you by surprise, your eyes widen and you gasp a little. He doesn't seem to notice your gasp, he keeps singing and playing his guitar. He's not singing loudly or anything, he's actually pretty quiet but you're still able to hear his voice.

And it sounds beautiful.

After he played/sang the whole song, you keep staring at him. He looks at you, he waves his hand in front of your face and he laughs awkwardly. "Hello? Y/n." You finally 'snap out of it' and smile.

"That was so awesome.." you mumble, his cheeks turn slightly red and he chuckles softly. "Ah, thank you.."

"It's been a while since I performed for someone, but I'm glad you enjoyed it," Once-ler replies, a gentle smile on his face.

"Thank you for playing that song for me," you say. He smiles more, you gently place a hand on his. He looks down, then up at you.

You both kinda stare at each other in silence for a while, until you finally decide to break the silence and leave. "I have to go now." You smile and let go of his hand, you stand up and he nods.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." He mumbles, you start walking towards the stairs until you feel The Once-ler grab your arm. "Wait."

You look at him and stop walking, "yeah?" He pulls you closer and he places his free hand on your cheek, he closes his eyes and it all happens so quickly..

His lips meet yours, you freeze for a moment but eventually you kiss him back. The kiss is soft and gentle, you wrap your arms around The Once-ler's neck, pulling him closer.

Time seems to stand still, and you completely forget about going home, But eventually, you both pull away, breathless and eyes locked. The Once-ler's cheeks are extremely red, he gently brushes a strand of hair behind your ear and smiles shyly.

"I have to admit, you're a good kisser.." You mumble, he chuckles softly. "Thanks, you too." You both stare at each other in silence again.

"I should head home now." You sigh and smile gently. "Why? Can't you stay here?" Your eyes widen a bit, you nod. "Sure, I'll stay."