The disappearance

Five minutes earlier

"Don't think I haven't seen what you've been up to," Dex smirks as I climb into the tent. "Seen what?" I reply, acting oblivious. 

"You fucking snogging Harper, it's about time dude," He laughs, ruffling my hair. "I can't say that I'm not jealous, I honestly didn't think you had it in you."

"What do you mean?" I question, knowing that he knows I'm hundred times better at pulling girls than he is.

"Well yeah you can get any girl for a quick shag, sure that's easy but a girl like Harper is harder to pull. You've gotta be faithful and shit," He explains. "I never thought you'd be ready to commit," He chuckles.

Commit? 

A sense of anxiety fills me as I start actually deeping the situation. I've never been loyal to one girl before and sure if I was going to start Harper would be that girl but I don't think I'm cut out for relationships.

I'm selfish, arrogant and most girls I've been with have told me I've ruined their lives. I don't want to do that to Harper, to have her hate me.

Sure she doesn't see it now, she chooses to only see my best qualities but she will eventually. Even one of my closest friends is sitting right here in front of me and telling me that he never thought I'd be able to stay faithful to one girl.

"I don't want to commit," I say, now completely convinced that I need to break things off with Harper before I break her heart and tarnish her innocent, carefree nature.

"Yes you do, Lucian Cruz finally likes a girl," He taunts, "Harper is pretty fit I don't blame you."

His teasing irks me, making me feel embarrassed for ever believing I could deserve Harper. "I don't," I seethe. "You know I only wanna fuck." I lie through my teeth.

"Whatever you say buddy," He scoffs, leaning back and lowering his head to his pillow. "I'm going to sleep so if you sneak out to snog Harper remember to be quiet," He taunts, rolling over in his sleeping bag.

 "I'm going to sleep so if you sneak out to snog Harper remember to be quiet," He taunts, rolling over in his sleeping bag