Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

LUNA ELLIE

"I guess this is goodbye." I pushed my disappointment down.

He pushed my hair from my face, "It's a see you later."

He had woken me up at eight a.m. to tell me that he would be leaving and that Ethan would be returning. I was sad that he was leaving but my pride wouldn't let me say it to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and press me against him, and nuzzle his nose into my neck, breathing in my scent. "I'll miss you." He pressed his lips onto mine for one last kiss before leaving.

It ended up begin hard to go back to sleep so I ended up taking a shower and getting dress. I wore jean shorts and a white t-shirt and flip flops fit for 90-degree weather. My hair was still wet so I put it in a loose bun and begin packing my things. Afterwards I called a bell boy to come to retrieve my thing.

"Good morning. "Ethan said as he entered my suite. "So, where are we headed next?"

"I was thinking New York, then maybe Canada."

"Sounds great, I'll go pack my things and inform the Alpha." I nodded and he left the room.

<><>

New York has always been my happy place. Every time I had visited it always felt like a second home. Most wolves hated it because of the lack of land and the abundance of people. I usually loved it but being here today it felt like my version of hell. The traffic had been hell since the Pope had arrived and the subways were uncomfortably packed. On top of that, there was a strange ache in my heart. I missed Noah, and the mark on my shoulder was making it worse. I should have just called him, but like always my pride stopped me from doing so.

With my pride intact I ignored my feelings and proceeded to admire the art at this amazing art show that I was attending. I was looking at the art of a women, she was half naked and crying. The cool part was it was made solely from glass, it must have taken months, maybe years to make. "Amazing isn't it." A guy said from behind me. He was a fairly good-looking man, about 5'9 with dark hair and a muscular frame.

"Yes, it really is beautiful." I took a sip from the champagne glass that I was holding.

"What's your take on it?"

"She's been hurt obviously. Most likely a guy, he stole her heart only to leave and take her pride and self-respect with him."

"Very good."

"Thanks. I used to interpret my mom's art a lot."

"So you're an artist as well." He concluded.

"Yes... I mean no, well I used to. I'm just now getting back in the art world."

"Are you any good?"

"Yes," I replied back with confidence. Just because I hadn't been active for a long time doesn't mean I lost my touch, in fact, I feel a lot more inspired than I ever did.

"Well-." He waited for me to fill in the blank.

"Ellie Steward." I shook his hand.

"Well Ms. Steward, I teach an art class not too far from here. You should come check it out, show me what you got."

"Sure, um- sorry I didn't get your name."

"Harry Reid."

Harry Reid that sounded familiar. I looked back at the art piece, under it was the artist name and the title of the piece. Harry Reid, "The Glass Women."

When I looked back over he was gone.

ALPHA NOAH

"Rogues spotted." Adam had mink linked me. I had already left my office and was making my way to the door. It was evident that I had chosen the perfect time to come back.

I growled. "Where?"

"Northern part of the territory."

"On my way." I shifted shredding my clothes in the process and headed in that direction.

When I got there, there was an unconscious man on the ground. "The other one got away. I have a group of wolves tracking him but they're having trouble picking up a scent."

"Was anyone hurt?" I kicked the guy, trying to get him to wake up.

"Yes, but they will be fine."

"Take him to the underground prison, and get me my bag of goodies." I was planning on torturing him until he told me what I wanted. I first went to the hospital to check on the wolves that were hurt. They were all fine, only having minor injuries. I then went to the underground prison where the guy was just waking up and groaning over his injuries.

"This is how things will go, you will tell me what I want to know, or I will torture you until you do."

He laughed, "Do what you want, I will never tell."

In walked Adam with my bag full of tools meant to torture rogues, "Fine, have it your way."

I opened a bottle of acid and poured in onto his legs, it burned through his pants and then onto his skin. "Fuck!" He yelled.

"Tell me what I want to know and I will stop and you'll die a peaceful death."

"Fuck you!" I shrugged and pour it on his naked shoulder burning his skin.

"Tell me what I want to know."

A smirk took over his face, "Is your mate still in New York? She's a pretty looking thing. Beautiful tan skin, long legs-." Before he responded I punched him in the face knocking him unconscious.

Tori Kelly: Beautiful Things