Chapter Twenty-Three: Resisting the Chance of Letting Anything Get In the Way

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter Twenty-Three: Resisting the Chance of Letting Anything Get In the Way

LUNA ELLIE

As much as I tried to ignore what had just transpired at our dining room table, not even my aunt famous banana bread could save this night. Clearing up and putting away the rest of tonight's dinner it was hard to ignore my Uncle's yells at Lily following by some good ole old people arguments from he and Aunt Lisa. I completely understood where my Uncle was coming from but his reaction to the situation was just unnecessary. Calling her out of her name and embarrassing her in front of everyone was just wrong. "Well, that went great!" Noah replied sarcastically.

"How about we have a rule where none of our families be in the same room with us, something bad always happens." I sigh at the memory of dinner with his parents.

Sensing my disappointment, the smile was wiped off his face, "Hey, it wasn't that bad, at least they seem to like me."

"Of course, you see the bright side of my uncle calling my little cousin a whore."

He chuckled, "How about we leave this stuff here and head up to bed,"

"Good because I hate cleaning up after other people." I quickly sat the plates on the counter and headed in the direction of the stairs that led up to our bedroom.

"How domestic of you?" He joked following me up the stairs.

<><>

The next morning my Uncle Paul insisted that he, Aunt Lisa, and Lily return home a day early. It annoyed me to no end because not only had his rant ruined the night so I miss spending time with them but it would also make it where they would miss my art show. Ryan and I both tried to convince him otherwise but something about Lily out with Elliot rubbed him the wrong way making it where none of us could change his mind. Aunt Lisa was also very annoyed with his antics resulting in her making the decision for her and Lily to ride in one SVU while Paul rode in the other. As much as it irritated me I had no room to sulk I had to put together my art show and nothing was gonna stop me from being successful. Plus at least Ryan and Alex were still here and would make it to my art show.

"Anything that I can help with?" Natalie came in the room with Alex not far behind her. Since they had been introduced to each other they had been way too close for my liking. She was my cousin-in-law and therefore she should like me a lot more than Ms. Kiss Ass.

"Um, I need pamphlets made," I answer the first thing that was on my mind and easy enough for her to do. "I've already typed up descriptions and took photos I just need you to type it up and then print them."

"Of course, anything you need." Handing her the description that I wrote she smiled before leaving the room.

"Do you not like her?" Alex questioned with a frown covering her face.

"What makes you say that?" It was true but I wanted to know what gave it away because then I'll be able to hide those attributes of mine from Noah.

She shrugged, "It's just this vibe I get from you when she's in the room."

"Honestly no, but for Noah's sake I trying to ignore my hatred for her and her pack," I told her honestly.

She frowned, "Why? She's really nice."

"It's a long story," I said not really wanting to get into it at the moment. Looking down at my checklist I saw that everything was set for tomorrow. The next morning I woke up extremely early of course with the help of my mate. Not skipping a beat I headed downstairs to see that most of my pieces were already sat up.