SS Part 1: The Meeting with an Angel (Tere Bin, Meerasim)

The reflection of the bright lights on the shiny floor was so amusing that her tiny little feet could not resist wandering over it.... Meesam noticed her momma hiding her face on the floor, which she would always witness atleast 3-4 times a day at home.... and she would always crawl over or walk around her, sometimes lie on her lap or try to hug her from behind when her momma would read something while focusing on the mat in front of her.... but this was a new place.... everything was milky white... the wall, the floor, the ceiling all were synchronizing with the beauty of the place...

While momma was busy with her prayer, little Meesam decided to guide herself on a self tour as she sneaked out of Meerab's side, when her beautiful tiny eyes caught the sight of a white dove....she clapped her hands, laughing with the dove as it flapped its' wings at the music of her laughter.... "Baab ...Baab ... Baab.." she laughed .... this was a new word that she started to chant recently after 'momma' and a few words like 'nannah', which she would use to refuse food, or 'mumu' which she would use to call her farukh mamu ...

Meesam grabbed onto the edge of a wool fabric as she lost her balance after colliding with a white pillar as she thought and fell on her bottom....the soft fabric and its sweet fragrance urged her to take a bite on it as she put a little corner into her mouth....

It was another day of hope. What if today was the day he would be able to find a glimpse of her. As his regular routine for the past 2 years, Murtasim came to this dargah, in the hope that he would find his wife, Meerab. He just finished the call with Bhaktu, who was reminding him of his meeting with the village counselor, when he felt a little pull over by the slight grip on his shawl as it seemed to slip off his right shoulder. Murtasim turned to his right to find no one at his eye level, so he was about to turn left to leave the place, when his eyes caught the little figure sitting by his feet with a piece of his shawl in her mouth as she fascinatedly chewed on it.

He looked around to see if there was anyone keeping an eye to check on the toddler but to his surprise no one seemed to be interested about her... 'is she lost?'....Murtasim got a bit concerned and did not want to leave her alone until someone from her family came to claim her... 

He kneeled down in a squat position and rested his right elbow on his right thigh. Then he gently pulled the piece of fabric from her mouth with his left hand. Meesam looked up to meet the eyes of the owner and grinned, showing off her shiny small teeth.

He felt a strange pain as her smile reminded him of his wife. The chubby cheeks and the projecting chin were a perfect resemblance to her....He could not help but smiled back at the innocent face...

'Interesting' ...her eyes caught the shiny silver object around his wrist when he was pulling out the piece of cloth from her mouth.... This was new to her and she wanted to explore it more.... Meesam smiled at the stranger and opened her arms, offering him an embrace....

Murtasim did not waste a moment as he slipped his both hands under her arms and picked her up in his arms as he stood on his feet ... her bottom was resting on his right forearm while his left hand was gently secured around her right shoulder....

Meesam kept her gaze on her target as her eyes followed the silver object on his left wrist...she tried to release her right arm from his left hand and got it over his wrist as she successfully managed to get a hold of her fascination.... Super Happy ....

Murtasim slightly smiled as he saw the toddler took so much interest in his wristwatch.... He almost laughed at her attempt of grabbing the second marker that was moving fast under the crystal.... failing to complete her mission Meesam frowned and looked up at the stranger .."Baab.. Baab.. Baab... Baab Baab" she pointed to the crystal.... And he lost his heart ....

'.... I am not your Baba sweetheart! ...' he could not find the heart to say this out loud as deep down he loved it... If only he was lucky enough to have the liberty of being a father... Murtasim kept his eyes on her little features, observing every little cute part of her face... he softly touched her cheeks, soft and chubby ....he could not help but leave a soft peck on her left cheek.... Lord, she smelled familiar...like Meerab .....

"Baab baabbbabbbb baab" little Meesam was losing her patience in completing her task and she managed to grab his attention back to the wrist watch ... Murtasim pulled the crown of the watch using his right hand while making sure to hold her intact in his arm, stopping the time for her.... as if it was worth it .... that indeed brought a smile on her face as she thought her mission was accomplished .... This time she clapped and giggled loud enough to catch her momma's attention, who was frantically looking for her....