SS Part 7: The Meeting with an Angel (Tere Bin, Meerasim)

Part 7

"I am sorry... I always failed you as a father" Anwar cried, holding onto Meerab's hands.... the father had come back from the village home the moment he heard about the return of his daughter.... " Please forgive me... Please.... I cannot die with your hatred .." he pleaded... Meerab kept quiet... motherhood had allowed her to learn many lessons, one of which was to understand facts from parents' point of view.... now she could relate to the pain of parents.... she could never imagine Meesam hating her for any reason .... but deep down she knew she was the culprit of Meesam for stealing her time from her father, when she needed him the most... "I forgive you, baba" Meerab choked on her last word.... and Anwar held her close to his heart as happy tears rolled down his face.... "Thank you beta... Thank you so much" he kissed the top of her head while letting her cry over...

*************************

"Thank you for taking care of them, Farukh" Murtasim stated.... "Please don't... they have been a beautiful part of my life that I will always cherish for the rest of my life" Farukh admitted with a half smile as he looked down at Meesam, who was busy playing with her Mumu's bracelet... "Mu-mu" Meesam called out as she grabbed Farukh's cheek and turned his face to make him look at her... "Yes, my dear, Mu-Mu" Farukh replied...

"She will eventually learn to call you mamu, you know that right?" Murtasim said with a smile.... "No! Please! She can call 'mamu' to whoever she wants, but I am her ONLY MuMu and I always want to be her Mumu", Farukh gave her a tight hug as Meesam dropped her head on his left shoulder and both tiny hands around his neck.... her comfort zone, when Murtasim realized he felt a pain in his heart.... if only she could love him like this...

"Are you looking for Meerab?" Murtasim asked as he noticed Farukh looking around .... "No, actually, I wanted to talk in private" Farukh disclosed.... "Lets take a walk to the garden" Murtasim led him the way....

"Meerab is under depression" Farukh finally shared his fear, grabbing Murtasim's full attention... " I have told you about her C-section and the complications ... but there is more than that... she would wake up in the middle of the night taking your name and sob in private... I dont think she knows that we know about it but aunty saw her many times and pretended to be ignorant as she thought it was needed for her to get out of the depression" Farukh gave a brief detail...

" I know you love her and you will always be there for her, but try to be there for her, mentally... I am sorry for telling you this...I know I dont hold any rights or –" Farukh was interrupted "Hey!...You took care of her when she needed it.... She never had a brother figure in her life... All the men in her life, including me, failed her big time...so you earned the full right to share your concerns about her..." Murtasim assured him patting his back.... "..and please feel yourself a part of the family now.... you are always welcome to visit Meerab and Meesam anyday anytime... whenever you feel like..." he asserted with a smile...

Farukh knew his boundary but it was very kind of Murtasim to consider him as a family and allowed him to be a part of Meerab and Meesam's lives, which was more than enough ... and he wholeheartedly appreciated him...

**************************

Her entire body suddenly felt numb when the news of her Baba's demise was disclosed to her by Anwar ... She just left the room without uttering a single word when the concerned father left to look for Murtasim, as he knew only her husband would be able to take care of her in such a situation...

That one decision of her not only took away the precious moments from Meesam, but it also took away the life of her foster father, who was her idol, her pillar of strength, and her shadow .... her biological father was after all right, she was a killer.... first her biological mother and now her foster father ....