SS Part 9: The Meeting with an Angel (Tere Bin, Meerasim)

He was patiently listening to the doctor who was advising his wife on taking hot baths to heal the back pain, which was another side effect she developed due to pregnancy that he got aware of during the medical visit…. If he knew pregnancy would cause all these physical sufferings to the love of his life, he would have preferred to live the rest of his life on the couch even after the discovery of Meerab's love for him…. As much as he loved his own creation, Meesam, he could have always adopted her….

He waited outside of the session room as he scrolled down the screen on his phone, trying to get some quick tips of instant home remedies for muscle pull around the C-sec scar or back pain…. Meerab came out of the room after conveying a quick ‘thank you’ to the lady for her service…. “Feeling any better” Murtasim asked as he wrapped his right hand around her shoulder….. “Much better… thank you” Meerab admitted….. the c-section massage indeed helped her feel lighter around her abdomen and she was glad her mother-in-law actually showed her genuine concern for her health…. The marriage was not a misfortune for her after all…

***************************

Murtasim bent down in a squat position and opened his arms waiting for the little feet to catch him as fast as she could…. running away from the awful taste of the boiled vegetables…. It had been a couple of weeks now that every time her babba would walk through the main entrance, she would be the first one to greet him with her toothy grin…. but today was a different case, instead of the grin, she had a disgusted face and her father just laughed at her expression while waiting for his deserved embrace….

Meesam complained as soon as she got into her father’s rescuing embrace “Aapaa … yuckky”, she rubbed her nose with the back of her grabby hand…. Murtasim chuckled at the comment as he looked over to his mother, “why are you doing this to her?” still giggling …

“Murtasim, I tell you she is 10 times more than you and Maryam combined when it comes to tantrums” Maa Begam sighed holding the bowl of boiled vegetables… “...That is literally a torture, you know…” he confessed pointing at the bowl, then he looked at his daughter and made a similar face as Meesam… “Aapaa…. yuckky” he mimicked, to which the little girl giggled …. “Not fair! Aapaa gives, NO  treats!” the elder lady pretended to be upset…. “Aapaa …. yummy” Meesam clapped as she made out the meaning of NO TREATS…. “My smart girl” Murtasim cupped her cheeks in his right hand and brought her face close to leave a sound kiss on her tiny cute nose….. then he held his hand before her, waited for a high five and instantly received one….this was one of the many little gestures she had acquired from her babba and became an expert in….Meesam dropped her head on her babba’s left shoulder as she would do every time he took her in his arms…. she loved his body scent….

***************************

It took him the entire day to resolve the issue in the village…. all his exhaustion took a U-turn the moment his eyes laid on the couch in their bedroom…. Meerab half seated hugging her baby…. Meesam’s head laid on her bust, left hand holding onto the neckline of momma’s kameez while legs wrapped around her waist, both mother-daughter fell asleep while waiting for their man….

After freshening up, he came back to find them in the same position and he smiled before dropping a light kiss on his daughter’s head…. Although Meesam started to sleep in her own room, sometimes she would wake up in the middle of the night for her midnight cravings, for which she was under training to phase out the breastfeeding habit…. After fixing the pillow on Meerab’s side of the bed and setting up one for his princess, he quietly walked up to them…..

Murtasim gently took his wife’s right hand and kept it around his shoulder before slipping his arms under her body to lift the ladies off the couch into his masculine physique ….. Meerab half-opened her eyes and leaned her head against his left shoulder while securing her left arm around Meesam…. “We missed you” she whispered before falling back into the deep slumber….he smiled and left a soft peck on her forehead…