SS Part 10 (LAST): The Meeting with an Angel (Tere Bin, Meerasim)

"STOP IT, MEESAM!" The sudden outburst of her mommy shook the little girl a bit as she had been refusing the food, which her mommy was trying to feed her for the past 30 mins .... The pediatrician had advised the mother to change the texture of the food and cut the fruits into small pieces to help her learn chewing .....but the girl would not just bite at all and would either try to swallow it or refuse to take in....

Poor girl broke into a sob when her Maryam Pupi took her into a hug .... "Awww... my little pumpkin, come here... Did we upset Mommy?" Maryam tried to console the little soul....

She had been suffering from a headache and back pain since morning. The responsibilities could have been easily handed over to Maryam or Maa Begam but Meesam's slow progress on the chewing habit was taking a toll on the mother's heart. Meerab took one glance at her daughter and her heart broke into billion pieces as she threw the fork on the bowl and dropped herself on the chair behind her.... The tired mother crossed her arms on the table and hid her face in them as she broke into a sob.... "I am the worst mother ever" she declared... The audience silently watched the mother-daughter fighting their own battle...

Meerab looked up as she felt a comforting hand gently patting her head.... Maa Begam's heart wrenched at the sight of the girl before her, as if she saw the reflection of her own younger version.... Eyes were red, face was pale, she looked defenseless and lost.... Meerab without a second thought threw her arms around her mother in law, hiding her face below her chest....

Maa Begam held the girl closer, left hand patting her back while the other one stroking her hair.... "You know mothers are not supposed to be perfect.... It is okay if you sometimes lose your grip on frustration...." She was very calm and gentle .... Maryam by now had managed to calm Meesam down who was playing with her Pupi's ear rings now.... She, with a smile, watched how her mother was describing the different aspects of motherhood to her sister in law....

"Our societies are designed to always put the blame on mothers for their children. Mothers are easy to judge, you know!" the elderly woman explained.... "...unfortunately, they forget that they are human beings too, they also have breaking points.... Losing patience once in a while does not invalidate your love and care for your child..." Maa Begam stated while Meerab silently cried in her arms.... "Always remember your intentions are clear to the one above and no one knows it better than Him. So we don't need people's validation on our motherhood... so do not tag yourself as the worst .... " She brought the young mother's face up and wiped her tears with a smile....

"Meesam will hate me now..." Meerab quietly shared her fear ... "No, my love" Maa Begam reassured.... "She cried because she is too young to understand your care and fear for her.... All she knows right now is your love for her.... When she learns about the difference between the various emotions, she would know how much she means to you and vice versa" the elderly mother confirmed.... "For Meesam, YOU are the BEST momma, she could ask for" she smiled.... "Momma!" Meerab turned to gaze at her daughter who had a full grin on her face.... "See!" Maa Begam had a content smile....

Meerab opened her arms before Meesam, who excitedly jumped out of her pupi's arms to her mothers.... " I'm sorry!...Momma loves you! " Meerab clutched onto her little bundle close to her heart as she apologized....

********************************

"She will be fine" Murtasim whispered as he removed the strands of hair behind her ear.... Meerab was leaning against the headboard of the crib and fell asleep on her chair while watching her girl sleeping.... his gentle touch brought her back from the short nap.... "When did you come?" she whispered back, eyes refused to stay open.... "It's been a while.... how was your day?" he asked softly, noticing the puffy eyes.... his mother gave him a heads up on the evening incident over the phone.... it was not a complaint but a genuine concern for her daughter in law....