Chapter Eight : The Closed Off Heart

SPECIAL AGENT OPS FIELD
OFFICE

The next day, Piper, Joanna and I are looking at the bulletin board with pictures of Quinton Kiermont.

"Quinton Kiermont is a deranged sociopathic maniac and a possible serial killer." Piper said to me.

"Yeah, and with the three of us, we can work together, what do you ladies say?" I said to both Piper and Joana.

"I say heck yeah." Piper said.

"Yeah, what Piper said." Joanna said.

Piper, Joana and I exchange small smiles at each other.

"Hey, Shortcake." Aiden greeted me by the staircase.

"We'll be in the lounge room." Piper said as she and Joanna gets up and walks away.

"I'm busy, Aiden." I tell him.

"So, you're not even gonna look at me?" Aiden asked me. "I understand how hurt you are. And I will always feel remorse about what I did. I'm sorry, Andy."

I turn sideways in my chair. "Sorry that you and Gilmore got intimate while I was away? Or sorry that we broke up?"

"Both." Aiden replied to me. "I'm trying to make amends with you."

"I don't want to make amends with you, Aiden?!" I exclaimed, upset. "And I don't really care anymore. My feelings for you has been shattered and lost when we broke up for good."

"I don't believe that. There's still chance for us. You know it." Aiden said, walks up to me.

"There is no chance for "Aidangie" anymore." I tell him, getting up to my feet and glares at my ex-boyfriend with a dark look of expression on my face. "But once you realize that you lost the girl that you truly loved, I will be already gone."

Aiden looks at me, having noticed the dark look expression on my face. "You're hurt. You're hurt and you're acting out, Andy, this isn't you."

"Of course it is, Aidy. You've seen this side of me." I tell him, and takes a inch step to him. "You don't know who I am when I don't love you anymore."

"Angie?" Aiden said.

"So, go on ahead, proceed with your intimacy with Gilmore. It's not the first time that you've cheated on me with some wench. No ill-will to Gilmore or Ziandra by the way." I said to him.

Aiden and I exchange looks at each other. I walks back over to the table and sits back down, continuing with my task.

Aiden just stands there for a little while, hurt and downhearted. He slowly walks away.

*~*~*

3RD POV

At Minxes Speakeasy, Aiden and Gilmore are sitting at the bar counter with bottles of Ale.