Chapter Fifteen : Three Bad Seeds, Save One For The Last

SPECIAL AGENT OPS FIELD
OFFICE

The next day, in the main room, I'm sitting atop of the table, looking at the SMART board, which still has the red dot, a frequency, trying to pinpoint the location of where the parents and grownups are.

Piper, Joana and I have been at this for a while now, and still nothing. The door opens and closes; Piper gently walks down the stairs and into the main room.

"Hey, Ang." Piper greeted me.

"Hey, Piper." I greeted back at her.

Piper looks at the SMART board. "How long have you been here?"

"A few minutes." I replied.

"My parents and I were eating takeout from Jen's at my apartment. I went to go get another bottle of wine and when I came back into the living room, both of my parents were gone. They just mysteriously vanished." Piper told me, glumly.

"I'm really sorry." I apologized, expressing my sympathy for her. "I don't even know the last time I saw my parents, but when we find them, I'm gonna hug them and not let go."

Piper chuckles, softly. "Yeah, me too."

Piper and I exchange looks at each other.

"How about we get something to eat at Jen's?" Piper suggested.

"Sure." I said to her.

*~*~*

JEN'S DINER

Piper and I are sitting in a booth table across from each other. She gotten us both paper food tray of a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings. And I gotten us both root bear floats.

"This bacon cheeseburger is really good." I complimented with a small smile.

"It's my Dad's usual food." Piper told me with a small smile.

"Have you spoken to Joana?" I asked Piper, taking another bite out of my burger.

"I did. She'll meet us here in a few minutes." Piper replied, taking a sip of her root beer float. "And by the way, we could phone call the other Special Agents Craig, Maggie and Violet."

"Nah. I'm pretty sure that Craig, Maggie and Violet are preoccupied with their own special agent tasks." I said to Piper.

"Hey, guys." Joana greeted Me and Piper as she gently sits down in the booth table beside me. "How are you?"

"We're good." I said to Joana.

"Just eating bacon cheeseburger and onion rings." said Piper.

Joana gently takes an onion ring from my paper food tray and eats it. Piper, Joana and I exchange small smiles at each other.

*~*~*