CHAPTER 08

Revaz

When I was young, I think that people, they can't live alone. They are afraid to be alone, hence, lonely. A creature's life is meaningless if there is no one to guide them on the path they are taking. Kaya bago maisakatuparan ang isang bagay, kailangan mo munang dumaan sa proseso.

To be used, and... to use.

Dahlia Jocson. Decent. Sophisticated. Feminine. Such a classy woman. Her whole body is covered with the word 'elegant'. From the way she clothed, wear her accessories, and the way she was showing herself. Ang paraan kung paano niya dalhin ang sarili na hindi natutumba.

But I was wrong. It's not. A modest, sensitive... and unbreakable Dahlia Airelle is just pretending. She's hiding behind that facade all along, and she's just being pretentious. Her pretty innocent face is a tool to fool people around her. They says that 'do not judge a book by its cover', but yes, I didn't judge her but look what happened. Kabaligtaran ang ugali niya sa inaasahan ko.

She's calm... at first. After that, she'll be at rage once you'll start targeting her weaknesses. Ang bawat kaartehan niya sa katawan ay nawala nang mangyari ang gabing iyon. When she caught me. I can see it in her eyes. The way she moves and utters that words while accusing me. It feels like she won a jackpot prize in a lotto when she found out about the map.

She thinks it was her win.

I leaned against the corner of the piano when I remembered our last encounter again.

"People like you... who's wearing expensive clothes and jewelries. I didn't expect na magiging madali para sa akin ang matukoy kung ano ang tunay na kulay mo, Mr. Montague. Your dirty tiny secrets accidentally slips out without you knowing. I can say na hindi ka masiyadong expert sa pagtatago ng mga sikreto, mhm? First, my husband. Second, me. And third, our properties? You're really something, alam mo ba iyon? You befriend Arthur to command that little scheme of yours. You earned his trust, and now you were trying to earned mine. Gusto mo na paunti-unti ka naming papasukin sa buhay namin nang sa ganoon, ay makuha mo ang mga gusto mo. Hindi na ako magtataka't pati ang pagiging teacher mo sa university ay planado mo rin, Mr. Montague."

You're saying how dirty am I, then I will have to asked you... are you clean? She's degrading me about how low and pitiful I am, now I want to go back to her and say the words I should have said. She thinks that she does not have the slightest dirt on her body. Sinisiksik niya sa bawat kukote ng mga taong dinaraanan niya na ginto ang bawat lupa na nilalakaran niya at walang karapatan ang mga tao na maglakas-loob na tumapak.

She's from the mud before, I searched her. Many times. Before she became the wife of a famous and rich prosecutor, Dahlia is a poor civil servant in their province.

See? Kahit isa, ay wala siyang naging achievement not until nakilala niya si Arthur Prescott. A Filpino-American prosecutor. I learned that he let her took courses. She studied it and finished it. She earned a bachelor's degree under the education course. I also learned that she won many awards and trophies when she was in her school.

And now she's acting like a teenager girl that got mad about something. Dahlia Airelle can't control her anger very well... and that is the reason why she'll lose.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

I was aback from the reality when Sienna walked through me. She's holding a red wine in her right hand, and is staring at me, frowning.