Chapter 4

"Um...you may rise?" I questionally commanded to the campers.

"As you wish Your Majesty." Chiron slowly got up.

"Prince and Princess of the Universe and seas. What can we do for you?" Chiron addressed us by our official titles.

"Can you tell me where Blaze is?" I ask.

"He's on a quest. He should return within the hour. Why?"

"Just curious that's all." I looked down to try to hide the look of concerns for my ex boyfriend.

"Hey! I'm back! Where is everybody? I brought presents!"

It was Blaze Summers. Son of Apollo. Wonderful guy. He just kissed the wrong girl at the wrong time in the wrong place. I wonder if he regrets kissing Samantha. I wonder if he still loves me. I wonder if he even missed me.

I hear a squeal and Samantha runs to Blaze like she were a daughter of Aphrodite and he was the last hot guy on earth. She tackles him in hugs and kisses. Blaze doesn't seem to thrilled about it.

The campers quickly make their way out of the infirmary towards Blaze. Even Percy walks in Blaze's direction. I'm frozen in place. Seeing him with Samantha breaks my heart, but judging by the look on his face, he doesn't like her like that.

I find courage and walk out of the infirmary. No hood, no mask, nothing to hide my identity. I watch the campers from the corner of my eye as I walked past. They look down and step aside.

Blaze is just staring at me, his arm around Samantha's waist, mouth wide open.

I walk right up to him. Samantha has a disgusting look on her face. Blaze drops his arm and closes his mouth. Samantha looks shocked that her "boyfriend" stopped holding her.

Blaze takes a step towards, me slowly moving his arm to touch me. I slap him as hard as I can across the cheek. I wait for him to grasp the fact that I slapped him. I feel tears welling up in my eyes. I had loved him with all my heart and he turned his back on me in an instant. He threw whatever he could get his hands on just like everyone else. He then broke up with me and kissed Samantha.
"YOU BASTARD! YOU BROKE MY HEART AND YOU WANT TO TOUCH ME! YOU HURT ME BOTH PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT THAT! AND WHAT ABOUT YOUR GIRLFRIEND OVER THERE! HUH? WHY DON'T YOU HOLD HER? YOU HAD 500 YEARS TO THINK ABOUT IF I EVER RETURNED AND YOU TRY TO TOUCH ME! I AM THE PRINCESS OF THE UNIVERSE! ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY TOUCH ME AND NOT EXPECT TO GET SLAPPED!" I yelled furiously at Blaze. I don't even know where that came from. I don't usually yell at people like that.

"Amelia?"

"Is that all you have to say to me is 'Amelia'?"

"Amelia? I that really you?"

"Yes Blaze it's really me."

"Princess?"

"Sunshine"

"I thought you were dead. All these years."

"It was for the best Blaze."

"Best for who exactly, Amelia?"

"Me, you, everybody. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you sooner. I wanted to. I wanted to come back and tell you that I've forgiven and forgotten what everyone did to us. I wanted to love you. I wanted yo to join the Angels so that we could be together but no one wanted to come with me. My brother has been depressed on and off for the past 500 years. The other angels are mad at the camp for what you did they can never learn to forgive, but I forgive you Blaze. I truly and honestly do." I lecture everyone but my eyes never leave Blaze. All the campers look ashamed. All except Nathan, Brutus, Daniel, and Samantha. The reasons Maris and I were abused.

I left Blaze speechless. I can tell that he's thinking deeply about something. I let a tear fall from my eye. Then another and another and before I know it I'm crying.

"NO! Don't let the tears touch the ground!" I can hear the Angels moving the campers to safety and Maris yelling.

"Why?" Blaze asks still standing in front of me. I'm on my knees crying my heart out.

"What will happen if the tears touch the earth?"

"WHAT WILL HAPPEN!?! MANY THINGS MIGHT HAPPEN. None very pleasant."

"Oh..." Blaze kneels down in front of me. I can feel the warmth of the son of Apollo getting closer and closer. He moves my hands from my face. He brings his face close to mine. He leans in just a little more and he's kissing me. Passionately. His warmth dries my tears and his love stops more from coming.

He pulls away and I wish he hadn't. I love him and all my doubts about him disappear instantly. He does love me. He did miss me, and judging by the way he kissed me, he regrets everything he did to me in the past.

A single tear of joy falls from my face and hits the ground.