Chapter 8

"I will be teaching extreme endurance fighting classes everyday in front of the Chaos cabin. Only those who are certain they can pass my class are allowed to attend. I'm going to go change my clothes and only my first class should still be here." I turn around to face my cabin. I walk through the door before I feel a hand grab my arm.

"Your Majesty. Please forgive my rash action, I just wanted to speak with you for a moment." I face the person who stopped me to see Poseidon.

"Father." I acknowledge him.

"I'm sorry, my child. I didn't realize what I was doing was wrong until your, your..." He seems at a lose for the right word.

"Death?" I ask, knowing that he doesn't want that word associated with any of his children.

"Yes. That." He looks down in sadness and shame.

"It's ok dad. I've forgiven everyone. I refuse to hold grudges. They tend to kill," I try to comfort my father.

"Thank you. We all thank you." He gives me a sweet smile and walks back to his cabin.

I turn back to the Chaos cabin and speed walk in before anyone else can stop me. I walk to my room without interruption. My room is purple with black floral and spiral designs on the walls. All my furniture is black and most of my clothes are dark colors.

I find one of my old camp tee shirts and a pair of jean shorts. I set my crown on the dresser and kick off my new chaos-silver heels. I quickly change into my camp clothes and dig around in my closet for a pair of sneakers. Where are they? I know they're in here somewhere.  AHA! Found them! I put them on and surprisingly, they still fit.

I walk over to jewelry box and take out my leather camp necklace. Every year another bead appears. I had to turn it into a necklace and three bracelets because I had too many clay beads for one leather cord. I put them on, throw my hair into a pony tail, and I walk out of my room and out of the cabin.

When my eyes finally readjust to the bright sunlight, I see a small group of campers including Johnathan Davidson, Juliet Roberts, Blaze Summers, Leo Valdez, Nico Di Angelo, and Daniel McAdams.

"I hope you six are ready to be pushed to your limits and beyond," the campers shift nervously as I talk, "The hard-core endurance training I have planned is to prepare you for days of constant battle... Any questions before we begin?"

"I have a question!" Juliet who is about 10 years old bravely pipes up.

"What is it, Juliet?" I look in her direction calmly but I am truly surprised that such a young girl spoke up to such an intimidating person as myself.

"What exactly will we be learning in this class?" 

"You will be learning strategies and techniques on how to save energy in the heat of battle, countless fighting styles, and how to survive with limited resources."

"Cool!" 

"Before we start, I need everyone to gather around to hear the rules that I have for any situation. Rule number one. Always follow orders. Rule number two. Analyze and strategize before jumping into any situation. Rule three. Leave no man, or woman, behind. Got it? Let's begin."

I usher my students into their spots and show them the stance I want them to use for their chosen weaponry.

"I need someone to help me demonstrate the best and fastest way to kill a hellhound." I look at my class expectantly.

"If no one volunteers, I will have to choose someone and you may not like who I pick." I figured maybe a threat would speed things up a bit.

"I'll do it," Juliet says as she steps forward.

"Very well then. Please take the stance I taught you and begin." I summoned a young male hellhound about the size of a full-grown English Mastiff.

Juliet takes her stance and I command the hellhound to attack. Juliet just stands there. Waiting. The hellhound is just a few feet away from Juliet when she throws her dagger through the hellhound's heart and the beast crumbles into golden dust.

I can't hide my surprise at what a 10 year old girl just accomplished in 30 seconds what took me 15 years to figure out.

"How did you do that?" I'm astonished by the child of such a peaceful goddess.

"I don't know. I just thought that a knife to the heart would be a good way to kill it quickly. I just waited until it was close enough for me to throw my dagger with enough force to penetrate the tough pelt."

I'm starting to doubt that she's a daughter of Demeter.

The horn signaling lunch is sounded and we make our way to the pavilion. My students split up and sit down at their cabin's table. I walk to the Chaos table to join the Angels, but I'm called from the head table.

"Queen Amelia! I do insist you sit up here with the gods and goddesses." Chiron beckons.

"I would much prefer to sit with the Angels, thank you. Noo offense to the gods, of course." I reply.

"Amelia. You should sit with the gods. It is a great honor."

"You're right Alpha, it is an honor, but I would rather sit with my best friends than with gods that betrayed their heroes." I reply to Percy as I sit down next to my brother.

"Amelia. I thought you forgave them." He whispers to me once I'm seated.

"I have forgiven them Alpha. Forgetting is always harder than forgiving."

"I can set them on fire if you like. I would love to set them on fire for you."

"No Forge. We do not set gods on fire. Shame."

"I can drown them in precious metals."

"Gem. What have we talked about? We do not drown people in molten metals either."

"I can sing to them. They can kill themselves. Technically we wouldn't be killing them."

"Beauty. No singing. That's an order."

"Ah, man. I really wanted to sing to them."

"You heard the queen. No singing."

"I know, Sage. I know."

The Angels quiet down as the food comes out of the kitchens. I poke at my food in thought, the campers are staring at us, I can feel it.

"Chaos doesn't like the smell of the burnt food. It makes her sick." The campers nod in understanding.

"You all should reveal yourselves after dinner at the campfire, unless you would like to do it now." I suggest to my angels.

"I want to do it now." Luke speaks just above a whisper.

"Same." The other Angels agree in unison.

"Great. The camp is just finishing lunch. We'll do it now." I stand up and start walking towards the head table. I stop when I get there and turn towards the camp.

"May I get your attention please?" I address the entire camp. The campers stop talking and look up at me.

"The Angels and I agreed it to be a good idea to reveal their identities. Angels. Please come forward." The Angels stand up and walk to the head table to stand next to me.

"You all know who I am but my friends are still a mystery to you. Angels, if you will."

Alpha steps forward and takes off his hood and mask. The campers gasp.

"I am Luke Castellan, Son of Hermes." Luke steps back and Gem steps forward. She takes off her hood and mask.

"I am Bianca Di Angelo, Daughter of Hades." She steps back and Beauty steps up taking off her mask and hood.

"I am Silena Beauregard, Daughter of Aphrodite." Silena takes a step back and kisses Forge on the cheek. He steps up and takes off his mask and hood.

"I am Charles Beckondorf, Son of Hepheastus." He turns to face Silena and kisses her on the lips.

Percy steps up and pulls down his hood and takes off his mask. "I am Percy Jackson. Son of Poseidon, Hero of Olympus, and Prince of the Universe."