prologue

A phone rang in the distance and I was to busy cuddled up to the love of my life to care who it was. Obviously Jayden didn't care either since he was unbothered by it. I cuddled closer into his bare chest to keep the warmth and he held me closer. This feeling was amazing..more than amazing. It was everything I ever wanted.

Me and Jayden met when we were only 15, which we are fresh out of college now. We were best friends, and then one day we sort of just became...in love. We finally got together about a year ago when we finally started to reveal our feelings for each other. I have to admit, its been the year of my life. Although, Jayden has his flaws.

As he grew up he always witnessed his father hitting his mother. Always. He never cared for him being there, watching and if Jayden would try to fight back, he'd end up with a lot of bruises or even broken bones. Jayden had a miserable childhood until his mother finally left with him. When they moved, thats when I met him. He didn't tell me anything til a few years later though. He was broken and all I wanted to do was fix him and make him happy. Thats what I planned on doing anyway.

The phone rang for the 5th time and Jayden let a loud groan escape his throat and he pushed me off him gently. He strolled over to his phone, picking up, answering and putting it to his ear.

"Hello?" He answered politely. After a few moments of silence Jaydens face began to change. His eyes went from bright, to the darkest of dark and his expression changed to the point it scared me. "What happened?" He asked shortly and quickly. Next thing I knew his phone was shattered and on the floor on the other side of the room.

"Baby, whats wrong?" I asked softly, not wanting to provoke him. His head snapped towards me and I got bumps on my skin. All I was wearing was his t-shirt, so you could notice. We might've done something last night.

"My fucking mother died." He answered so harshly. My heart shattered. His mom was his rock, they were so close and she was the reason Jayden stayed so strong. I got up from the bed and made my way over to him.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I replied, tears forming in my eyes as I threw my arms around him. But my heart shattered even more when his next moves happened.

He pushed me. Hard.

I fell back onto the ground, my back hitting the wood at the end of the bed with such force. I cried out in pain as I felt it jolt through my body.

"Don't fucking touch me." He snapped and walked into his bathroom. I thought he was just angry with his loss, but it turns out.....

His mother dying turned him into his father. He lost his rock, and now he has no one to keep him from loosing it. Jaydens mother made him happy, not me.

-----

1 like & 1 comment for the first chapter :)

-j