a year later...

--carters pov--

I sat in the quiet bathroom tears after tears spilling from my face. Its been getting worse and worse each day. I couldn't even shower without being hurt or yelled at for nothing. Jayden allowed me to shower now and I was ruining it by just sitting here crying. I was wasting water by just letting it run. I got up from my spot and walked over to the shower. I stripped of my clothing and into the shower where more tears fell from my eyes when the warm water hit my more sensitive spots. My body was covered in bruises. He had no support system and because of it, he took it out on me. I knew that I should leave him but I couldn't. I loved him.. Jayden was never like this before. My love is to strong to let go. Its been a year since Jaydens mother had passed away and he hasn't shed a single tear. He was just so angry...so made at the world, and at me. Sometimes I wondered if I should run,  but I knew if I did he'd probably hurt me ten times worse.

Bang, bang, bang!

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard the loud noise boom throughout the small bathroom. Tears sprang faster out of my eyes as I was scared.

"Carter hurry the fuck up before I come in there and force you out." His loud voice spoke through the door.

"I'm a-almost finished." I hesitantly replied as I quickly finished washing my body up. It was so quick that I didn't even feel clean. I didn't care, I was to scared to risk anything. Apparently I still took to long because before I could process what was happening, Jayden was in the bathroom and nailing me against the cool wall, my back again going numb from how hard to threw me against it.

"I told you to fucking hurry." He snapped through gritted teeth.

"I-I'm sorry, Jayden..please." I softly cried.

"Stop being a fucking crybaby! I'm tired of it, Carter." His voice only got louder. His fist hit the wall beside my head and I let a whimper escape my throat. "I need you to do something for me and I can't have you crying, baby." He said with a softer voice. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. "Go get dressed. Its cold outside so cover up good." He tried to be concerned when in reality he just wanted all my bruises covered up. I quickly scurried out of the bathroom to the closet and got dressed very fast. I didn't want to disobey.

"I'm finished." I spoke up softly and waited for my task.

"I need you to run and get my prescriptions & pick us up some food." He ordered. I nodded quickly and grabbed my purse. "You have only an hour, you hear me? If you're not back I will punish you. Now go, now." He pressed. I was out the door before he turned away to finish work business. I headed out to my car that I barely ever got to drive and made my way down to the CVS he always sent his prescriptions too. After waiting 10 minutes to get them, I then made my next stop a coffee shop that had the best sandwiches in town. I parked my car and made my way inside to the front counter to order. I ordered Jaydens favorite knowing I'd get hurt if I didn't, and I got myself something small because I hadn't felt that hungry lately.

"Please wait 20 minutes." The girl at the front counter had asked me. I nodded and gave her a quick smile before taking a seat in an empty chair. I just wondered off into my own thoughts before watching the customers that came in. One girl looked like she just finished a run, another who looked as if he were in a rush and then a very particular guy out of them all stood out to me. He dressed in casual attire, his curly hair pushed back, his green eyes shining in the low lighting of the shop and I couldn't help myself but stare. I looked away instantly when his eyes caught mine. He just caught me staring at him..oh if Jayden were to find out, I'd die! The pretty man turned his attention to the girl and began ordering his food. Today was quite busy, but I understood. It was a great place to eat. After a few minutes, I heard footsteps coming my way and I looked up to see the man standing before me with such a beautiful smile.

"Hey there, you look lost. Are you new here?" I shuddered in fear. He shouldn't be talking to me, I will get in so much trouble.

"No, I'm just waiting."  I replied hoping my food would hurry up and come out.

"Oh, I can wait with you." He offered. I shook my head a little to violently.

"No, no thats fine I like being alone." I quickly spoke and looked down to my lap.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned laced in his voice. I looked up to see the worry in his green eyes. His eyes darted to a bruise on my neck that was slightly showing.

"Uh, yeah...um boyfrend gets a little wild sometimes." I nervously spoke, but a laugh escaped my throat.

"Order 48" The cashier yelled out, I sighed in relief and stood from my chair. I mumbled a quick thank you before heading towards the door. "Sorry to leave on you, but I have to go." I spoke to the mysterious boy as she bolted out of the place.

"Can I at leas-" Was all I heard before I cut him off immediately. I rushed to my car and headed back to Jaydens. My phone began going off loudly. I answered it hesitantly knowing it was Jayden.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"On my way home." I answered looking at the road.

"Hurry the hell up, Im starving and I need my medicines." He groaned through the phone and cut the line. Before I knew it I was home. I hurried up to his room and handed him his sandwich plus his pills and sat down with my little bowl of soup. Jayden looked at me confused. "Thats all you're eating?" He asked, biting into his sandwich.

"I wasn't that hungry for anything else." I whispered taking a small bite. She knew the real reason she didn't want to eat much. When shes sad -- eating just doesn't sound right to her and she doesn't even have the energy to eat.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes and went back to his work. I was impressed he hadn't hit me yet. "Tomorrow I'll need you to go shopping. We're getting low on some things. You'll only get a few hours..you hear me?" He looked back at me. I nodded quickly, putting my almost full bowl of soup down. I'll save it for later, I was no longer hungry. Honestly, all I really couldn't stop thinking about was that man at the shop.

He was so beautiful now that she rememebr his features, especially those beautiful eyes. They were to die for. I was so glad Jayden couldn't read my thoughts...just imagine the bruises or even broken bones I'd have then..

-----
yAY!!

maybe 2 votes & 1-2 comments this time?!

Im so excited for this, you have no idea

The banner is Carter Bennett!

I see her as Vanessa Hudgens.

Hugs to yall :)

-j ♡