engagement party

--carters pov--

"Yes mama, me and Jayden are on our way." I softly spoke through the phone. We were on my way to my mothers engagement party. She's on husband number 4 but whatever makes her happy right? I like this guy though. I've met him and he seems for real unlike the others besides my father of course. I finally hung up from the phone after saying our goodbyes and I love yous. I continued staring out the window and waited to arrive. The car ride was silent. Jayden didn't conversate with me very much, but I got use to it eventually.

When we finally arrived, I got out of the car and waited for Jayden to also before heading up to the door. I knocked softly and smiled widely when my mother opened the door.

"Hi mama!" I gasped pulling her into a hug.

"Hi darling." She smiled also. After hugging me, she went in for a hug with Jayden. He gladly gave her one back. He was such a good actor when it came to being around people. He was so full of life and happiness but once were alone he's so different. He was smiling and it was weird seeing that.

"I missed you." Jaydens voice mumbled hugging her back.

"Same to you, dear." She opened the door some more for us to come in. The house was booming with people. My mother really knew how to throw parties these days. They were enjoyable though. "We're just about to get food ready to be served. You guys go and socialize. John is over in the dining area talking if you'd please go say hi to him." She said hopefully.

"Yes, I'll go say hi mother." I gave her a smile. "Let's go say hi Jay." I gave him a smile and he returned it as we walked over to the dining room. When we did, a few familiar faces appeared. One in particulardid and I almost fainted. Harry. Thank god he didn't know my name. I was a little relieved. When he saw me though, his eyes lighted up. I just ignored him and went straight to giving John a hug. "Nice to see you again John."

"Nice to see you again also." He gave me a good squeeze before letting go. "Is this Jayden?" I nodded. The two shook hands and greeted each other. "Uh, Carter this is my son, Niall." He introduced me. I greeted my soon to be Step brother with a hand shake. I haven't met anyone but John. I'm never able to come around so, its hard too. "And this is his best friend Harry."

"Hey there, I'm Carter." I introduced myself to both the boys. Ugh, he knows my name now.

"Nice to meet ya soon to be sis." Niall gave me a wink and I let a quick giggle escape my lips.

"You to, soon to be bro!" I joked back, earning a quick glare from Jayden. Ugh again.

"Nice to meet you Carter." The familiar voice speaks.

"You too, Harry." He kept staring at me. It was a little uncomfortable for me. I decided to depart from the group right then. "Well, me and Jayden are gonna go see other people now, we'll catch up later." I quickly turned and Jayden pulled me to the side.

"Why was that guy staring at you?" Jayden asked with anger laced into his voice. "He seemed like he already fucking knew you the way you two looked at each other." He violently whispered into my ear. I had chills up and down my body.

"I-i met him at the coffee shop but I left as soon as I got the coffee and he ran into me at the market." I stuttered quietly. Please, please Jayden don't make me cry here. He grabbed my arm slightly violently and gently pulled me to another room.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jaydens voice got louder. You couldn't hear it though over the loud voices.

"Because I didn't want you to get mad at me." I took a deep breath to keep myself from crying.

"Well now I'm angry. Do you like him or something? Is that why you couldn't tell me?" Jayden questioned me. I shook my head. He slammed me against a wall and his eyes full of anger. Every breath I had left my body and I swear I couldn't breathe.

"No, Jayden I only like you. I love you." I slightly sobbed, letting a tear leave my eye.

"I love you too, you know thats why I do this. You make me get angry. I don't want to loose you." He tried to be sweet. This is just a way he shows his affection! "Stop crying, we have a party to attend."

--harrys pov--

I'm glad I decided to come to this party with Niall. His father has done a lot for me and its my honor to come to this engagement party. I didn't expect to have his soon to be step daughter be the girl that hasn't left my mind since I first seen her.

After seeing her again, it didn't feel like enough. I knew there was something up with her and now I realize its probably the guy shes with. Im not going to assume anything though. I don'tknow what but I want to get to know her. She's mysterious and I like that. I really do.

"Hey Niall, I think foods ready." I spoke looking at everyone going one way.

"Lets go get some food then." He jumped up from his seat and heading towards everyone. I got up also but something caught my eye. Carter & Boyfriend leaving a room and Carter doesn't look happy and Jayden...looks mad. I continued behind them and noticed that they were leaving..already? Something really wasn't right here.

----

Sorry for the wait!

I hope this helps some:)

You'll be getting more Carter & Harry with all this wedding stuff happening soooo yay:)

-j