-06-

The thoughts...

Maria was engulfed by a searing pain, as if her heart was being torn from her chest. The unimaginable had become her reality—John had fathered a child outside the bounds of their sacred marriage.

How could he? Had he forgotten the heartfelt promises they made to each other on their wedding night? The tender words of commitment and devotion they shared? The depth of their love that seemed unshakable?

Never in her wildest dreams did Maria envision finding herself alone in a guest room, silently succumbing to tears that betrayed her overwhelming sorrow. The weight of the truth was crushing, echoing relentlessly in her mind. "I have a child, he's two years old," John's words during their dinner reverberated, sealing her pain with a painful certainty.

It all started to make sense now—the hesitations surrounding fertility treatments, the avoidance of exploring adoption options. John's reassurance that it was acceptable if they didn't have a child, not knowing he had already become a father outside their marriage.

The anguish intensified as Maria's heart shattered once again. Overwhelmed and uncertain, she found herself adrift in a sea of despair, grappling with the monumental betrayal inflicted upon her by John. The revelation of his secret child struck deeper wounds, intensifying the pain beyond measure.

In the midst of this devastating turmoil, Maria stood at a crossroads, her future veiled in uncertainty. What path would she tread? How would she navigate emotions and shattered trust?

John's transgression had struck an indescribable blow, piercing her heart with anguish and piercing her faith in their marriage.

.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ

Maria hesitated for a moment, her heart pounding in her chest as she tried to find the right words. She looked at John, her eyes filled with a mix of anxiety and vulnerability. She knew this conversation would shape the path of their future together.

"John." Taking a deep breath, Maria looked into John's eyes and began, softly. "There's something weighing heavily on my heart, and I feel it's time I share it with you."

John's eye met hers, sensing the seriousness in Maria's tone, nodded and gently urged her to continue. His face reflected a mix of curiosity and concern, his love for her evident in his eyes.

"What's on your mind love? You can always talk to me."

Maria took a deep breath and continued, her voice gentle yet filled with worry. "Lately, I've been feeling scared. I've been feeling worried, you know? About whether I can have children."

John's eyes widened slightly, his expression mirroring Maria's concern. He reached out and took her hand in his, offering a gentle squeeze of reassurance. "Maria, why are you feeling this way?"

Maria nodded, her eyes welling up with tears. "I've been taking birth control pills for two years now and stopped for two months, and as our relationship has grown, I've started thinking about starting a family with you. But what if something's wrong? What if I can't get pregnant?"

John's grip tightened, his voice filled with empathy. "Riri, I understand why you're feeling scared. It's natural to have these worries. But remember, we're in this together. We'll figure it out."

Maria sniffled, grateful for John's comforting words. Her voice tinged with vulnerability. "I appreciate that, John. I'm just scared of what the future holds, you know? I don't want to let you down. Deep down, I fear that something might be wrong with me. I can't help but wonder if I'm facing infertility."