15

Note that there might be huge grammatical errors as I haven't had the time to proofread it.

a conversation

Amelia. The name felt unwelcoming and weird to her ears. Yes, it was he name. However, it was the first time in a long time John, had called her that. The only time she was called by her name was at the beginning of their relationship.

Her memory flashed back to when her pregnancy test turned positive, a visit to the hospital confirmed she was indeed pregnant with a child. She reminisced the priceless look John had on his face when she revealed her pregnancy. A few droplets of tears came out from his eyes.

John promised her the world. He gave her words of comfort and sweet nothings.

So, it felt weird to have John call her by her name.

Moments from now, John would arrive at her home and they would have a deep and serious conversation. It made her scared and anxious. It was something she needed, to clear all the thoughts colliding in her head.

Exhausted from walking anxiously around her small two-bedroom flat, she decided to start making plans for dinner. A garlic butter steak and potatoes skillet, one of John's favorites. A meal he would always compliment, whenever he came by.

With a bit of worry, Minnie went into the kitchen and started cooking.

#

A day had passed since Maria's interview. She could still remember how anxious and nervous she felt. However, on getting into the interviewing room, she was surprised on seeing the person seated in front of her. A young man who looked no younger than twenty-three. Nevertheless, he was sitting in a position she expected an older person to be in.

It came as a shock to her, so she was not judging.

"Have your seat; I will be interviewing you shortly." He spoke in a calm and collected manner. Maria needed to get hold of herself, so she sat down on the seat directly in front of him as she waited for him to shift his gaze to her to begin her interview. Yet, he was still going through his phone.

"Could you introduce yourself and tell me why you need this job." He asked as his attention was still on his phone without sending a glance her way. It made her feel ignored.

Maria cleared her throat. "Hi Mr. Ambrose, it's a great pleasure to meet you. To be honest, I have no experience in this field, but-"

Mr. Ambrose interrupted her. "If you have no experience in this field, what do you intend to bring to the table that would benefit me."

He should have let me answer the first question...

Maria shifted nervously in her seat. This was her first interview, her palms were sweaty and her heart raced as if she had just finished running at a competition. "Even though I am new to this field, I bring strong organization skills, attention to detail, and quick learning abilities. I am proactive and a problem-solve, which means I will work hard to support you efficiently as your personal assistant."

Mr. Ambrose hummed in response.

Maria was not certain if her response was good enough, but she felt it was satisfactory. That should be a good response, right?