-10-

Dear Diary,

It's been a whole month since I made the difficult decision to leave everything behind. I left the person I thought would always be by my side, and it still hurts so much when I allow myself to dwell on it.

But you know what? I'm learning to live life on my own terms now. I'm no longer dependent on anyone else. However, I can't deny that I miss the warmth and love I used to feel from my loved ones.

Sometimes, I catch myself thinking about going back, but deep down, I know I don't want to get hurt again. I'm just not ready to face anyone, especially my mother. I fear her disappointment, and it breaks my heart to think of letting her down.

It's also been a month since I received the devastating news of losing my precious baby. I never got the chance to hold my child in my arms or even know if it was a boy or a girl. The dream of becoming a mother was taken away from me, and the pain is unbearable. It feels like I could rip the whole world apart, but I'm slowly finding a way to make peace with myself.

Closing my diary today brings a bit of relief to my heart. The pain has eased a little, and I feel a sense of release. I know the hurt won't disappear completely, but I'm starting to believe that I can heal.

Until we meet again, dear diary, I'll continue taking one step at a time on this journey of self-discovery. I'll find my own strength and learn to embrace the person I'm becoming, even in the midst of heartache.

Yours sincerely,

Maria.

.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

As much as Maria was able to order food for herself in the hotel she stayed at, she still yearned for more. She craved to venture beyond the four walls that enclosed her, to immerse herself in new experiences and embrace a different environment. The desire to explore was overwhelming, urging her to break free from the routine of her solitude.

With each passing day, as Maria picked up her phone, she found herself bombarded by a stream of continuous messages. Notifications, alerts, and reminders competed for her attention, making her feel even more disconnected from the world outside. The constant influx of digital noise served as a stark contrast to her longing for tranquillity and genuine human connection.

Nevertheless, Maria remained determined to break free from the shackles of her past and the seemingly endless distractions of the present. She knew that she needed to create space for herself, to find a balance between the demands of the virtual world and her own personal growth. The messages would have to wait; she needed to prioritize her own well-being.

ᴀ ʏᴇᴀʀ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

Maria reached for her phone and removed her old SIM card, replacing it with the new one she had acquired moments ago. Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, she dialed a number that was etched in her memory, a number she knew all too well.

"Hello, whom am I speaking to?" came the familiar voice on the other end.

"Good afternoon, Mom." Maria managed to speak, her voice filled with emotions. She knew she had to confront this conversation head-on, despite the anxiety coursing through her veins.

"Maria, is that you? Where have you been? Why did you leave like that? Where are you?" Her mother's voice brimmed with concern and urgency, bombarding her with a flurry of questions.