-12-

A ordinary tuesday...

Maria lay on her bed, her heart heavy with emotions. The room was filled with memories of happier times, but today, it only intensified her sadness. As the sun gently streamed through the curtains, casting a soft glow on the walls, Maria couldn't help but reflect on what should have been her and John's wedding anniversary.

She closed her eyes and let her mind wander back to the day they had exchanged vows, promising to love and cherish each other for better or worse. The joyous occasion had been filled with laughter, love, and the promise of a beautiful future together. But John had been having an affair, shattering everything they once had.

As the tears rolled down her cheeks, she traced her fingers over the wedding ring that she had previously kept in a bag. It was a symbol of their love and the life they had planned together. Maria took a deep breath, trying to find solace in the beautiful memories they had shared.

"Today would have been our anniversary, John," she whispered, as if he could hear her from beyond. "But instead, it's a painful reminder of how everything had changed."

But life had its twists and turns, and Maria found herself navigating a path she never expected to walk alone. It was a bittersweet feeling to reminisce about their love while simultaneously feeling the ache of his absence.

.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

Maria's hands trembled as she unfolded the divorce papers. The weight of the moment was almost suffocating, but she knew it was a necessary step towards reclaiming her life and moving forward. As she began to read through the legal documents, a mix of emotions flooded her senses.

Sadness washed over her as she reminisced about the beautiful moments she and John had once shared. The laughter, the inside jokes, the dreams they had woven together - it was painful to realize that all of it was coming to an end. A part of her still held on to the hope that they could fix things, that their love could conquer the betrayal. But deep down, she knew that trust had been irrevocably broken.

Anger then swelled within her, directed at both John and herself. She questioned herself endlessly - how did she not see the signs? Why did she invest so much of herself into a relationship that now seemed like a lie? And why did John jeopardize their love for someone else? The betrayal felt like a stab in the heart, leaving wounds that might never fully heal.

Yet, amidst the pain and anger, there was also a sense of relief. The decision to divorce meant that she could start anew, free from the chains of a broken marriage. She recognized that she deserved happiness and respect, and she refused to let this painful chapter define the rest of her life.

Taking a deep breath, Maria wiped away the tears that blurred her vision. She signed the papers, sealing her fate and acknowledging that this was the best course of action for both of them. There was no turning back now.

As she placed the pen down, she resolved to focus on herself, her healing, and her growth. She knew it would be a challenging journey, but she was ready to embrace it with open arms.

Closing the envelope, Maria looked at her hand and felt the emptiness of no ring on her ring finger.

The divorce marked the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. While it was undoubtedly a difficult day, she was now on the path to rediscovering her own happiness and learning to love herself again.

As Maria left the room, clutching the envelope, a burst of adrenaline surged within her. Even though it was just an ordinary Tuesday that should have been their anniversary, it now marked a turning point. This was the day she decided to take control of her life and leave the past behind. With each step she took, she carried hope for a better future.

꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎

Hello everyone, apologies for the short chapter. I am trying to get back to my writing phase.

So, what are your thoughts? If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment.