chapter 4

Yn had woken up from her small nap after the drug had worn off. Once she was fully aware of her surroundings, she got up and went to go find Coulson. When she did eventually find Coulson, he was in the lab with Fitzsimmons and Ward.

"So did that get us anywhere after all of that." Yn spoke, as she walked into the lab.

"Skyes sending us the rest of her decrypted files on Centipede, but we have her audio. I've loaded it up." Fitz told them,  As yn lent against the wall.

"Nice work." Coulson told Fitzsimmons.

"Using motion estimation, bayesian inference, a beam splitter and a little diffraction theory, our mystery man appears." The Scottish man babbled on, stopping a few stairs up. And when he finished the projectors? Shone the video in the middle of the entrance to the plane. "It's like magic, but it's, it's science." Fitz explained himself. They all went and stood around the hologram?.

"Please calm down, let me check your vitals."

"I feel fine. I want to feel more" the video played.

"Oo look ward, he's like you. A greedy bastard." Yn said to Ward as he scoffed.
The videon then played on a little longer but then Fitz stopped it.

"Did you see that, on his arm?" Fitz said zooming in. 

"What does that look like to you? Coulson asked.

" a centipede."yn and ward said as they got closer.

"It's an Intravenous filter for his blood. This goo, sir? Very similar to the serum Dr. Erskine developed in the '40s for the..." Simmons explained.

"Super soldiers." Yn interrupted.

" I'm reading alien metal, gamma radiation, the serum. Every known source of superpower , thrown on a blender."  Jemma finished.

"We need to see the origin of the blast. Run it back from the last point recorded." Coulson turned to Fitz.

— —

"EXTREMIS. It's new. But completely unstable," coulson said, as he stared into the man in the hologram.

"Poor man didn't bring an explosive." Jemma spoke.

"He was the explosive."Yn finished , tuning from looking at the hologram to Jemma, her arms folded across her chest .

"And Mike has the same stuff in his system." Jemma carried on.

"Well, judging by the strength level, a lot more." Ward said, looking around.

"So any minute now, Mike is gonna-"

"He'll take out anyone within a two block radius." Jemma interrupted fitz, placing a very serious tone on the matter.

"Shit..." Yn nodded.

"Well you wanted a bomb." Coulson said to ward as her walked from where her was stood to walking out off the lab, looking at ward as her spoke.

——

Yn reloaded her pistol, shoving it into the back of her pants, then going to put so attachments on one of the riffles. While she was doing that ward stood opposite her, as he attached a scope to the gun he had on a tripod.

"Sir? He didn't explode because he was angry." Simmons came charging in taking to coulson, fitz following behind her. Coulson was also already in the room with ward and Yn before that, Yn thought it might be because he didn't trust Yn not to kill him if they where alone together.

"The two are connected. Well, its kind of a chemical surge, but calming him down will by him a minute at the most. He will detonate within the next few hours." Jemma informed them worriedly.