Part 7- Watching him

The two of you continued to enjoy your simple yet delicious breakfast. the pancakes had a perfect, soft texure to them, as the syrops and fruits added a nice touch as well. you could guess Stolas was quite the professional for making pancakes, and he did seem to enjoy making them.

as you ate your breakfast in content, you decided to leave the mere conversation about last night for later. surely it was very sudden and unpredictable for the prince to do, but you still have respect for him. since you are in hell, it doesn't seem as weird to you, as it would look in the living world. surely, if it would happen among the mortals, both of the sides wouldn't be the same after that. you found that thought amusing as you stared down to your half finished plate.

"umm... Stolas" you muttered after you swallowed your recent bite, and raised your eyes from the plate to look directly to the owl's red eyes. the prince raised his eyebrows, raising his sight from his plate as well. "since you are a prince, do you have duties to fill?" you asked innocently. a pretty harmless question, doesn't involve the family he was forced to have or any kind of his past.

he showed a small smile, resting his fork on his plate and adjusted his back. "well I do indeed, dear (y/n). being a royalty doesn't come with much delicacy and easy earnt adoration as people might think it can be!" his smile widened a little more. "for my duties, I am destined to explore the earth's night skies. the stars, the galaxies, the mysteries the universe holds! and I shall pass my knowledge to my next generation, expanding the intelligence and pride of the Goetias" he explained to you. 

despite how unhappy he was with the fact e had to marry a woman he doesn't love (and neither does she him) for his royal status, he seemed proud and quite rejoiced about his duties. you could understand. having the ability to explore the skies, and probably even teleport to planets to get a better view at them, must be soothing, and can clear his mind.

you listened to his explaination with interest, showing a beaming grin. "wow... that sounds brilliant!" you told him. "does that mean your daughter will get to do the same things as you as well?". that question made his owl's smile flicker, before smiling normally again. "well yes, of course she will! I shall teach her everything she needs to know about magic and astronomy. and perhaps.. you too as well!" he showed a smirk.

he raised his hand, and a bright, violet ball appeared upon his palm. the ball expanded into a rift, revealing a beautiful view of the ngith skies, the beautiful row of the Milky Way Galaxy. you widened you eyes in awe, looking into the mezmerising view. you leaned closer, your pupils expanding lightly as you showed a calm grin. you could see anything just through this rift! the millions of stars were much more clear, the nebulas gave color to the blackness... and you could even see the Andromeda Galaxy afar, even it's spinning movements as it slowly yet surely uproaches the Milky Way Galaxy! 

the prince, delighted by your interest, kept the rift open for you to see the beautiful unknown. his daughter used to have the same reaction as you when she was little, mezmerised by the beauty the universe could offer.

-----------------------------

BASH

the front door was forced open. two walking feet were heard walking down the hallway.

the sudden sound made both you and Stolas jump in your seats in alarm, as the owl quickly closed the rift upon his hand. in a matter of seconds, the owl's eyes widened into big red balls, as he realized who walked in. before you could ask what was that noise, you raised your eyebrows as you saw Stolas quickly rising from his chair, rushing to you. he grabbed you by the arm and lifted you up from your seat, pushing you outside of the kitchen.

"h-hey! what are you-" "shhh!! hide. anywhere!" the owl interrupted you with a panicked expression, before rushing back to the table. he took out your plate and fork, and placed it in the sink, so it would look Stolas had his breakfast on his own.