02 - abundance

naeun diligently takes notes, trying her best not to explode with anger. her desk partner, junhyeon, was giggling and poking her. now, she's doing her best to ignore both junhyeon and gunwook. what a dynamic duo the two would be.

"why do you look so angry? is it the new kid? should i fight him? are you hungry? in that case, i'm just gonna eat this chocolate bar right now." junhyeon rambled. gunwook saw their interaction and giggled to himself. of course, naeun is fuming.

naeun smacks junhyeon's hand away. "junhyeon, do your work." he immediately puts his snacks away. he then turns to her doing the saluting hand pose. "i do whatever you tell me to ma'am!"

she smiles, shaking her head. junhyeon is the silliest person alive. that little moment of joy disappeared when she felt a slight kicking on the back of her chair. the fallen angel gunwook was. it was undeniable that he was attractive. naeun did admit if it wasn't for his personality. he would be her type. he was tall, smart, and talented at everything. she hated him for that.

she doesn't budge, gunwook's tactics wouldn't ruin her day. gunwook sees she's really doing her best. he leans forward and whispers, "stop trying so hard all of the time." this only ticked her off even more. she turns around, removing his hand from the back of her chair. "stop being insufferable." she replied.

junhyeon follows her lead, and turns around. "new kid back off my wife." he says, rolling his eyes. naeun overhears, continuing to flick junhyeon's forehead. "don't joke like that." naeun continues to do her schoolwork in hopes that gunwook will shrug off what junhyeon said. if gunwook told her mom about it, she'd go ballistic and start asking overbearing questions.

as class ends, junhyeon follows naeun out the door. she turns around, staring at him. "why are you following me?" he smiles ear to ear.

"i have a crush on you." he beams. her eyes widen. shocked at the sudden confession, she faces forward and makes quick strides to her next class. naeun badly wants to turn around to see his reaction, but she knows it's not worth it. he's most likely joking, right?

she arrives at her photography class, picks up her camera, and makes her way to the garden. the day had barely started, and yet there was too much to process. 1) gunwook was now here to ruin her life. 2) junhyeon might've developed slight feelings for her.

trying her best to unwind, she focuses her camera on the abundance of plants and flowers blooming around the greenhouse. it was until she noticed a tall silhouette blocking her view. lowering her camera, standing in front of her was no other - park gunwook.

"what are you doing here?" naeun frowns. he smiles sarcastically. he walks closer to her, closing the distance between them.

"you're not the only one who has this class, naeun. quit being so uptight all the time." she shoots daggers at him. everything he did irritated her. from the way he spoke - to the way he carried himself. so full of confidence and not an ounce of worry. she felt as if her world would crash and burn.

the thing about park gunwook; he was the only one who had such an impact on her mood.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n ₍ ᐢ..ᐢ ₎

promise to update regularly 🫡

- this is badly flopping i don't even feel the need to update 😭 buttttttt i will regardless because i won't have time in the next upcoming weeks 🫥☹️ PLSPLSLSPLS lmk if u like it so far so ik to continue or not