03 - guidance

the second class ended, naeun immediately made her way to the cafeteria. how on earth was it possible that she had both morning classes with him? gunwook had been following her from behind. "why are you following me?" she turns around, interrogating him. he throws his head back, sighing at her antics.

"did you suddenly forget that i'm new to this school? i don't know where to have lunch, so i'm trailing behind you. let go of that attitude. the least you could do is give me directions." naeun slightly shrugs. she doesn't utter a word, she lets him tag along - she hated how he was right. naeun finally let her pride down.

"here's the cafeteria. let me know if you want a copy of the school map." she says, holding the door open for him. naeun wasn't an idiot. she knew that if she made a trip to get the school map, she could ditch him.

he grins. "can you get me one?" it's unusual of him to ask for favors. naeun nods, "sure, i'll get you one right now. i'll be back."

before she can exit, he grabs her wrist. "let me come with you. i have no one to eat lunch with." she stares blankly for a bit and pulls her hand away. her initial plan failed, he wanted to tag along.

"ah, alright. that's fine. you can have lunch with my friends and i today, i guess. i can show you a bit of the school, too." naeun figured it was a smart thing to do. she was class president after all and her plan didn't work either. it made sense for her to live up to that position.

he sticks to her side as other students give him looks — however, it doesn't bother him. naeun did have lots of friends so he figured this was normal.

"i'm only being nice to you because it's your first day. you're on your own after." naeun sneers. gunwook returns her a smug look. "you and i both know that's not true. you're always gonna end up lingering around me, brat." she simply rolls her eyes, trying her best not to change her mind.

naeun shows him around the school and tells him where his next-period classes are. handing him the school layout, he asks her, "so, are you gonna respond to that kid's confession?" gunwook doesn't look her in the eyes when asking, he didn't want to show her that he cared.

naeun had difficulty processing his sudden question. gunwook overheard everything. "can you stop meddling in my personal life? geez, its creepy gunwook."

he circles around her. "i'm sure your family would love hearing about this during dinner tonight."

naeun lets her guard down. "obviously, not gunwook. i don't have a crush on anyone right now. so stop asking." he snickers. they head back to the cafeteria, and she brings him to her usual table.

"guys, this is gunwook. our families are close. he's really irritating, but he's gonna have lunch with us today because he's new here." she briefly introduces everyone and sits him down. gunwook, for the first time, seems quite tense.

sitting at the table is lee seunghwan and jang hyejin - the lovely couple in which naeun is their love child. the three start their own conversation unknowingly, leaving gunwook out. naeun notices, "gunwook, do you need lunch money or something? i can lend you some for today." seunghwan and hyejin proudly smile, naeun has a soft spot for him.

"i don't want money from you. you're already broke." he snickers, pulling out his own wallet and getting up to buy himself food. "tsk. next time you need help, i'm letting you suffer quietly. ungrateful punk." she grits her teeth, crossing her arms.

"you guys argue like a married couple." seunghwan laughs. naeun drops her fork. she shakes her head no. "absolutely not. he angers me like no other. i wanna punch his snarky ass every time i see him." the day hasn't even ended, and the boy had already driven her to levels of insanity.

"you know seunghwan and i were like that too. and now we're dating." hyejin says, patting naeun's head. the distressed girl covers her face. "guys, i will never end up with him. i simply would never forgive myself."

her two friends laugh - it was obvious to everyone, but naeun, she was so blinded by her forced hatred. as gunwook comes back from his seat, he stares at naeun. she looks up with a questioning face. "why are you staring at me like that?"

"your boyfriend started ranting to me about how you ignored his confession." naeun shakes her head. "oh my gosh, junhyeon has lost his mind." seunghwan and hyejin share confused faces.

"basically, junhyeon confessed to me after class. i didn't know what to say, so i just walked away from him. argh, why is he so goofy." naeun rants. seunghwan and hyejin laugh. "well, what are you gonna tell him?" hyejin asks.

"i'm gonna reject him, obviously. i don't have anyone in mind, and i don't plan on dating." she shrugs, poking at her food. gunwook smiles ear to ear, hearing her confirm that the answer is no.

--------------------------------------------------------

a/n ૮ • ﻌ - ა

exams begin this week for me ! updates definitely coming lots more once summer break begins 🫤i am badly dreading exams... so that's why this chapter was a little longer than usual & jealous gunwook?!?!? maybe. anyways pls vote #desperate