15 - returns

the hike ended up draining gunwook's ability to walk. him and naeun returned to their tent. he drifted off to sleep as soon as she set up the inflatable mattress. she sighed watching him slowly drift asleep.

naeun went for a stroll, it'd be the only ounce of alone time she'd receive as gunwook was stuck to her side for a week straight. it was mid evening, everyone was eating dinner together but she decided to pass. she resorted to a nearby café instead.

"can i get a croissant and a regular ice coffee?" as she was about to pay, a card was already placed on the machine, paying for her meal before she would reach for her wallet.

looking up, it was no other than gunwook. "why are you strolling outside alone at this time?" he smiled at her, picking up the order.

"you scared me... thanks for paying. did you eat yet?" she smiled, watching him pull out the chair for her to sit.

"i stole some of their snacks, and then i saw you sneaking off here, i followed just in case something happened." he said while taking a sip of her coffee.

she nodded, taking a bite out of her croissant. "i'll be back, i have to call my dad real quick." gunwook steps outside the café, leaving naeun alone.

as gunwook steps out, he sees a familiar face entering the café. it looked like someone from their middle school, a girl with short hair. he brushes it off and continues the phone call with his dad.

the girl stepped into the café, she spotted naeun alone. the girl was scheming something the moment she saw naeun.

as naeun was checking her phone for updates, the girl sat down across from naeun. "so this is where you've been!" with a shocked expression naeun was tense.

"saena..?" naeun nervously uttered. saena smiles, taking a fork and poking at naeun's plate.

"why have you always been so gosh darn nervous around me? it's not like i'd hit you right now." she snickered shoving naeun's shoulder teasingly. 

chuckling softly, naeun was hoping gunwook's phone call would end before saena would blow things out of proportion.

———————

hi it's been too long , so short update. anyway i had to reread the whole book to remember what i was gonna write next lmfao 😭😭 ANYWAY vote pls (not proofread rn)