07 - sweater

naeun had forgotten about junhyeon's confession. too much had been going on with gunwook, and it was all she could think about.

junhyeon greets her once she steps foot into the classroom. "good morning, naeun! you look so pretty today, but it's so cold outside, and you only showed up in a sweater.. you're not cold!?" he takes a closer look, noticing the sweater is too large for her.

he sees her name isn't printed on it. but
it's park gunwook's. "wait...it's gunwook's sweater, though?" he turns his head, confused.

he was ecstatic at first. he loved seeing her every morning. it was only until he realized that she wasn't wearing her own uniform sweater. his smile dropped, and he felt envious of gunwook in that instant.

"yeah, i forgot to get my sweater, so gunwook let me borrow his for the day." naeun was soft-spoken. she hoped junhyeon wouldn't take it seriously.

junhyeon turns around facing gunwook, he side eyes him and proceeds to scribble into his book for the rest of class. gunwook was confused but shrugged it off. he could sense junhyeon's jealousy.

naeun felt horrible. she was planning on rejecting him after class, too, but she was hesitant. junhyeon was fun to be around, but she had no intentions of becoming anything more than friends.

- - - - -

the lunch bell rings, naeun and gunwook walk to the cafeteria together in silence. gunwook felt nervous - he knew her all his life, but yet he was nervous just walking by her side. this only made him even more sure about his feelings for her.

gunwook is seriously in love with naeun.

seunghwan and hyejin greet them both, the new friendgroup is forming. naeun addresses the junhyeon situation to them as they're seated. she needed advice.

"guys, i don't know what to do with junhyeon. i want to tell him that i can't reciprocate how he feels, but i think i already made him upset this morning. i just need a more...valid reason to close things off." she sighs.

"what did you do to upset him?" seunghwan and hyejin exchange concerned faces.

"well, i'm wearing gunwook's sweater, and i don't think junhyeon liked that very much." naeun uttered, turning to look at gunwook.

seunghwan and hyejin start giggling as they're thinking the exact same thing the two love birds sitting across from them have yet to understand that they've found their perfect match.

"uhh, i gave her my sweater because she was dumb and left hers at my house." gunwook explains as he shakes his head. he knew what seunghwan and hyejin were implying with the flirty giggles.

he didn't want them to get the wrong idea. in other words, he didn't want them to find out about his crush on naeun.

"hold on, she left her sweater at your house!?" seunghwan's jaw dropped, and him and hyejin started giggling even louder.

"it was a family dinner! you guys are so weird. argh." naeun scolds as she forehead flicks the couple. gunwook starts fake coughing in his elbow to stop himself from laughing.

"just tell junhyeon to find a new girl! tell him you're dating gunwook and use it as an excuse! it's quite believable, too." seunghwan teases as she raises her eyebrows up and down.

naeun and gunwook stare at each other and begin to laugh nervously. "me and gunwook together is like an atomic bomb waiting to explode."

gunwook snickers, "naeun herself is an atomic bomb that already exploded." gunwook shoots back at her with a smug look on his face.