|m.mudryk| baby shopping

Little Roman is now a week old and I can't tell you how hectic this past week has been. The seasons over, and so Mykhailo is basically off for a couple of weeks until pre-season begins.

One thing we realised when I had Roman, was that we were not prepared whatsoever, but today we're going out to buy him a couple of things that we may have forgotten to pick up before he was born.

Like honestly, I didn't know how many baby grows he could go through throughout a day.

I'm sitting in the back with Roman, and Mykhailo is driving. I haven't driven since having Roman but I'm gonna need to soon because I have to get back to training in a couple of weeks and Mykhailo obviously can't take me everywhere.

Eventually, we arrive and I get out followed by Mykhailo as he goes around to take Roman out of his car seat and into the pram.

"Be careful with his head babe," I warn him.
"Relax, y/n I've got this." He places his son into the pram carefully.

I take the baby bag out of the boot balancing it on the handle. I take the pram out of Mykhailo's grip and we walk into the shop.

It isn't long before Mykhailo spots a bunch of baby football shirts and of course, he darts over there.

"What about this one?" I joke holding up an Arsenal baby grow.
"Put that down, that's disgusting." He scoffs taking it out of my hand and placing it back on its shelf.
"That's more like it!" He pulls out a beige Chelsea away kit and puts it in front of Roman to see the size of it on him.
"Babe, he's already got about 3 Chelsea kits already and he's not even a week old," I sigh.
"You can never have too many," He shrugs putting it in the basket.

"Aww look at these little socks," I cooed looking down at them. "They're so tiny,"

"What about these?" He holds up a pack of baby grows.
"He's already got the same ones at home, so we should get some different ones," I respond.

I scan through the selection of them and find some with little animals on them which I think would be perfect.
Without a word, I take a pack placing it in the basket which Mykhailo is holding.

"Great, so can we finally leave," He hated shopping and unless forced to will avoid it at all costs but of course to him, shoe and online shopping is an exception.

"Alright fine, just let me quickly get some nappies over there." I give in.
He nods walking ahead and over to the section where they were. It is clear is eager to leave.

Before I even reached the aisle, he had picked up the pack of nappies and was on his way to the till.

I sigh following him and once we had paid, we took the stuff back to the car. While he put the bags in the boot I took the baby out putting him back in his car seat. By the time I'd got finished, Mykhailo had already managed to put the pram in the boot so I got straight into the back.

I'm pretty sure we've got everything we need now and it's now time to bring on the struggles of parenthood.