|c.gakpo| daddys girl

In the aftermath of Cody being knocked out yesterday from the Champions League, so I just pray that he doesn't get really annoyed about it all because I have been driving myself insane on my own with our baby who is just six weeks old.

To be honest, Cody wasn't enthusiastic about the idea of leaving his newborn child, but I insisted he go and play because it was an important match at the moment and he's a valuable player to Liverpool.

My original plan was to wait for him to come back, he told be he wouldn't be getting back till about 2 in the morning, which wasn't an issue for me because I'm usually up at them times anyway tending to the baby.

He should be home any minute now, so I'm just waiting to hear his car pull up in the drive.

I felt a bit hungry so I decided to get up and go to the kitchen to try and fish for anything I could eat.

I found some left over Chinese from what me and my friend ordered the night before and just decided to have that.

I sat down and began picking at it but I heard the door close so I looked up and leaned forward in the island stool to try see if it was Cody.

"Cody is that you!" I say getting up.
"Yeah it's me," He responds as I hear him take his shoes off.
He entered the kitchen and walked over immediately snaking his arms around my waist.
"Oh my god, you know how long I've spent just wanting to call you and Ambs," He sighs. "Where is she anyway?" He realises his daughter's absence.
"She's asleep in the living room," I said and he smiled opting not waste a second longer away from his daughter.

I followed him in there and he was already at the Moses basket planting a small kiss on her forehead before picking her up with his large hand supporting her head.
"Cody, your gonna wake her up, do you know how long it took for her to go down," I complained with annoyance in my tone.
"Babe chill, go to bed. If she wakes up I'll deal with her, you haven't got sleep in weeks, it's the least I can do," He ushered me upstairs with Amber still in his arms. It was clear she was awake now, but she didn't cry, but she in fact started to smile at the sight of her father.
"See, daddy's girl," He proudly said as I chuckled.
"Right, I'm going up to get probably the best 4 hours of sleep of my life." I smile.
"Goodnight," I give him a small peck before ascending the stairs.

Cody agreed to stay with the baby downstairs purely because she's been having a hard time with separation recently so we figured it'd be best so I could get some sleep.

———————

It's the following morning and surprisingly, the Gakpo household is quieter than ever.

I walked into the living room to find the pair cuddled up together. I decided I'd leave them how they are but I honestly couldn't resist taking a picture of the two.

@y/n.l/n

Liked by andyrobertson94, mosalah, frenkiedejong and 126,735 othersy/n

y/n.l/n Daddy's girl❤️

view all 735 comments